{𝕿𝖜𝖔 𝕬𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆 𝖂𝖎𝖘𝖍}

Bending slightly in the water, Valentine submerges both the Cup and the Sword one at a time, emitting a blue glow from where the instruments made contact with the water.

"Raziel, hear me! I call upon the Mortal Instruments and summon you into this Mortal realm!"

An explosion of water erupts from the Lake, along with a heavenly glow, the form of an Angel right before us - it was beautiful, ethereal but it meant something horrible, with Valentine at the helm of it.

Glancing to my side, where Clary and Jace's body lay, I see a glimmer of silver.

Clary's stele.

"It has been a thousand years since I was last summoned to this place. Why do you summon me now Nephilim?"

"My Lord Raziel, the great men and women in the lineage of Shadowhunters, which you have created here," Valentine begins as I start to crawl towards the motionless bodies, to the reachable stele, "Have failed in their mission to rid this world of demon scum."

"I see you are impatient. What is it you ask of me?"

"The immediate death of all evil-blooded creatures, demon and Downworlder alike, as well as the disloyal Shadowhunters who protect them."

"The destruction of the souled creatures of the Downworld, and of our Nephilim, that is not heaven's wish."

"What?"

I bite back my sigh of relief - maybe, just maybe, Valentine's wish wouldn't be possible. I work harder in crawling towards Clary's stele, now mere inches from me, poking out of the back pocket of her pants.

"But thou who spills thy blood, thou shalt compel from me an action."

Okay, shit. Maybe it was possible.

Breathing a sigh of exultation, i turn back to see my father protrude the same small knife he'd used to murder Jace. I see red again and push myself that last bit, grabbing Clary's stele and releasing my ankles first.

As the blade nears my father's skin, I hurriedly release my hands, dropping the stele to the ground before lurching for him, throwing him out of the and onto the grassy ground, the knife knocked from his grasp.

"You are unworthy of any wish" I growl as the Angels' light dims.

I punch for his throat but he ducks and dodges, landing a air-busting blow to my chest. I gasp and stumble back, lunging a half-assed kick for his ribs that lands but lands poorly.

Still winded, I double over and he takes the opportunity, knocking an elbow into my back that has me sprawling for the ground.

Using the same move I'd learned in training a dozen times, I sweep his legs out from under him with a kick, sprawling him on his back and giving me the time to stand again, inhaling deeply.

I punch several times into his stomach but he rebounds easily each time, using his strength to throw my petite form across the battleground, near the bodies of my sister and would-be brother.

Standing again, I lash a punch at his face, a kick at his ribs, a kick at his face and a stomp at his knee. All blows land soundly but he reacts like a machine, coming back and lunging for me once more.

With a strong blow that once again knocks the wind from me, I fall onto my back again, gasping...right next to his fallen knife. The knife that ended Jace's life.

"I've worked too long, I've sacrificed too much to let anyone stand in my way" Valentine pants, picking up a heavy rock from nearby to me, "Even my own daughter."

🎉 You've finished reading ᴜɴʀᴀᴠᴇʟᴇᴅ |ᴀ.ʟ| ꜱʜᴀᴅᴏᴡʜᴜɴᴛᴇʀꜱ ꜰᴀɴꜰɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ {ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴀᴍɪʟʟᴇ ꜰᴀɪʀᴄʜɪʟᴅ ᴛʀɪʟᴏɢʏ #2} 🎉