{𝕽𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖑𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓𝖘}

"So this is the infamous Lake Lyn, huh?" I exhale as Izzy and I appear on the gray slabs of rock bordering the crystalline Lake.

"Aren't you the one with the all-knowing brain?" Izzy smirks

"It doesn't come with pictures, Iz" I scoff, but, really, I'm lying - it kind of does, "Come on"

We head for the woods surrounding the unnaturally still lake, the howling echoes of wolves and growls from unseen beasts bouncing from the equally still trees. The place was so preternaturally still it was a good thing no mundanes could accidentally stumble upon it, for no one, even the most skeptical of mundanes, could deny it was otherworldly.

Some sort of unspoken communications passes through Izzy and I and we both still as a rumbling growl reverbrates louder through the wood, the leaves on each tree shaking, pulling our seraph blades from our holsters.

In one fluid motion, Izzy spins, having felt something behind her, seraph blade at the ready...only for it to rest dangerously upon Jace's neck. His hands fly up in surrender instinctively, the slightest pressure ensuring a death blow.

Jace, blasé as ever, lowers his arms slowly, "Hey."

"You almost get your head hacked off and 'hey' is the best you got?" I chuckle as Izzy lowers the blade - and then realise that he's alone, "Jace. What happened to Clary?"

"I don't know" Jace sighs, "One minute we were looking for her stele by the Lake, the next she was gone."

"You guys didn't drink any of the Lake water, did you?" Izzy cautions

"No, but Clary did."

Oh, perfect.

Jace's eyes widen in alarm, his voice taking on a wary tone as he examines our expressions, "What?"

"Lake Lyn has halluciongenic properties" I sigh, recounting the information Robert gave us - information I didn't need but, of course, I wasn't going to tell him that, "An iratze should be able to cure her, but we need to get to her like, now."

"Or what?" Jace asks, already knowing the answer is no good.

"She could lose her mind forever."

***

After a good hours trek through the woods, we do end up finding her...crazed and paranoid on the twig covered floor.

"Clary?" Jace cautions

She scrambles from the floor, eyes wild and untrusting as her eyes dart between the three of us, "Who are you?"

"It's me, Jace"

"I don't know you" Clary pants, stumbling a step back. Izzy moves to speak but I hush her with a sharp shake of the head, knowing that, in her current state, more voices will confuse her further.

"You're confused. We're here to help you."

Pulling her stele from her pocket, Izzy slowly progresses toward Clary, eyes kind and, hopefully, reassuring.

But not reassuring enough.

In a deft movement, she pushes Izzy from her, twirling on Jace and fighting him off, also, knocking Izzy's stele from her hand in the process. I groan, encoraching in on the fight, cursing myself for having left my own stele at the Institute. 

Before I can grab for the fallen stele however, Clary snaps it under her boot, rending it useless. Shit.

"Look, we're not gonna hurt you" Jace huffs

"You're not gonna get the chance" Clary growls, lunging for him again.

Jace smoothly ducks it, pulling Clary in so her back is against his chest, arms locked in his tight grip. "Stop. Stop! Look. I know you're scare but it's me. It's Jace"