{𝕬 𝕾𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙 𝕱𝖔𝖗 𝕾𝖔𝖗𝖊 𝕰𝖞𝖊𝖘}

"Yeah, I'm not seeing it in the Gray Book" Jace's voice drifts from Clary's half-open door and straight to my ears

"Well, isn't that thing supposed to have every single rune?"

"Some of them are removed" Jace explains, "They're reserved for the most elite members of the Clave."

"Well, how very classist of them" I pipe up, entering the room. Clary - and to my surprise - Jace jump at the sound of my voice, closing the books they held, "Why so jumpy?"

"Uh, n-no reason" Clary lies

"Nice try, little sis" I scoff, "You suck at lying. Especially to me."

Being around Clary, and Jace, was still difficult for me, ever since Mom's death but I was doing an incredibly good job at hiding it beneath my usual sense of humour and sarcasm. It was working so far.

"We just-"

"No" Clary interrupts Jace, "We can't lie to her, Jace. Besides, maybe she'll know something with that weird know-it-all Shadowhunter brain of hers."

Jace hesitates, contemplating, but eventually sighs and gestures for Clary to continue. Well, they're certainly very chummy again...

"I drew a rune last night" Clary exhales, holding her breath

"Oh, no" I gape, cranking the sarcasm to about a 7 in my voice, "How dare you draw a rune!"

"Not any rune...this rune." Clary sighs, rolling her eyes impatiently at my sass and handing me her sketchbook, it had a round, hollow circular band with some sort of emblem inside it, as well as a kind of quotation-mark looking dash on the outside.

"It's nothing I've ever seen before" I mutter, all traces of joking gone

"Exactly" Clary urges, "We're trying to figure out where it's from."

"Well...what did do when you drew it?" 

Clary and Jace exchange a look and I sigh again, raising my eyebrows and waiting for them to be done.

"When I drew it...sunlight shot out of my hand."

"I'm sorry what?" I exclaim, raising my eyebrows , "You shot sunlight out of your hand"

"Yeah" Clary nods slowly, "When Iris was trying to...forcibly impregnate me with that demon...I panicked and I just saw this rune in my head. I was desperate so I drew it onto my hand and then...Jace was the only one who saw it."

"And you didn't think to tell anybody?"

"The rune disappeared" Jace says, "Besides, considering the fact our family is under scrutiny at the moment, we figured we should keep this under wraps."

"Good point" I agree, "Where did you draw it?"

"My hand" Clary says, raising her hand to me. I take it...but see nothing, "It disappeared after I used it...almost like a battery."

"Let's try it on me." I suggest

"No way" Jace scolds, "We don't know how dangerous this is...what if the rune settles on you? How are you going to explain some weird rune no one's ever seen before?"

"I'll put it in a place no one should be looking at..." I shrug, pulling the collar of my shirt down to reveal my sports-bra clad chest

"Oh" Jace gulps, incredibly uncomfortable - whether the cause was because I was his sister of parabatai's girlfriend was unknown...it was probably both.

Nodding triumphantly I whip my stele out and turn around, pulling my sports bra down enough to draw the simple rune onto my right pectoral muscle. As soon as it's drawn, a bright, scalding light bursts from my chest, illuminating the room so brightly I squeeze my eyes shut in protest.