{𝕹𝖔𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝕸𝖔𝖗𝖊}

The next hour flew past me in a blur.

Someone had managed to rouse me from the floor where I had, once again, fallen and had taken me to shower, gotten me dressed in different clothes, clean ones, washed my mother's blood out of my hair and off my hands, my arm...

They'd also taken me to the main briefing room, where we now stood with Clary, watching the surveillance tape back. Watching myself confront my mother, push her into the wall and stab my arm through her chest until she was dead, slumping to the floor in the same position we'd found her in an hour ago.

I watch the earlier, recorded version of myself stare at her own bloodied hand and then look up at the camera directly above herself, eyes pure black and soulless.

"Oh God" I shudder

"Clary, I-" I begin but Clary cuts me off suddenly, raising her hand between us as if to block the words

"Clary, don't do this. You know it wasn't her fault." Alec's voice breaks through the tension and I look over at him in shock.

Oh.

It had been Alec who'd found us, helped me.

Of course it had been Alec.

Who else?

"I have a demon to kill."

With that she stormed off in the opposite direction, leaving Alec and I frozen by the monitor, my past self still smiling sadistically at the camera, blood coating her steady hand.

***

"Please, Clary, let me do this" I beg her, "Don't put yourself in this kind of danger, not now!"

We'd followed Clary to the weapon room. She was on a mission. Steadfast and angry. She wasn't going to stop till this demon was dead.

Suddenly, Izzy turns the corner, striding in much the same way as Clary, ready to fight...

"Izzy, we need your help!" I exclaim, "My mother is-"

"Dead because of you" Izzy growls, her voice demonic.

Oh, shit.

Izzy runs for me and Alec pushes me out of the way, narrowly dodging Izzy's nails and swerving behind her, backing up.

"It's inside her" Clary notes

"It's still Izzy" Alec warns us, "Be careful where you aim!"

Izzy swarms on Clary first, grabbing her by the arm and tossing her aside as if she weighed nothing. Clary yelps as she flies through the air and lands on a flat, bench-like chair, rolling off it and hitting the ground hard.

Alec pulls his glamoured bow from his back, aiming it at her threateningly but it takes her only one flick of her wrist to knock it from his hands.

Coming up from behind her, I lock my arms around her chest, trying to keep her from going after me or anyone else but she's too strong.

It doesn't take her long to push me out of the way and lunge for Alec, still knocked to the ground.

She whirls on him, squatting over his body as she prepares to shover her arms through his chest.

"Always the favourite child" Izzy taunts, "I'm done living in your shadow."

"Izzy, if you're in there, please listen to me" Alec pleads

"Nice try"

"NO!" I scream so loudly, so harshly I didn't even recognise it as my own voice, "Not him!"

With a sudden blinding rage, I grab a sword from the rack and jump onto her back, stabbing into her shoulder blade with no abandon, hoping it hurt.

Izzy thrashes and whirls on me but I cling to her back, following her movements as I dig the knife in further.

"You've caused enough pain for a lifetime" I seethe, pulling the sword out and watching as the essence of the demon leaves Izzy's body through her wound and form itself in the air, a massive cloaking black mass, similar to the memory demon had been.

"Go back to hell, you son of a bitch" I hiss, plunging my seraph blade into the shadowy mass. The demon dissolves into ashes in front of my eyes and I pant heavily, catching my breath.

Izzy's pale and limp form, slumped in front of me, was the final straw - seeing her like that, knowing I was the cause...it was horrific. Its then, watching Alec tend to Izzy that I notice I'm still wielding the sword as if I hadn't caused enough pain with my hands today.

I let out a choked gasp, dropping the sword as if it had scalded me and slowly, I turn to face Clary...she was awake and alert again, standing by the seat she'd been thrown over, staring at the spot the demon had been.

"Clary" I sob, still rooted to the spot, "I'm so, so sorry!"

"I know" she nods, teary eyed, "I know. I know."

"I'm sorry" I repeat, dropping to my knees as the weight of what I'd done crashed into me, "I'm sorry, I'm sorry"

"Cami, no..." Clary sighs, kneeling beside me and taking me into her arms, "It wasn't you."

"Hey" Simon pants, coming over to us. I hadn't even noticed he'd arrived, "What-"

"Don't ask" Clary interrupts, "Just hug her"

Simon complies without question, wrapping his arms around the two of us.

The Three Musketeers, together forever.

We were going to need each other, and I, especially, was going to need them.

Even though I knew I didn't deserve it.

Even though I'm a monster.

Even though I am nothing more than a murderer.

***

Short chapter, sorry!