{𝕭𝖚𝖋𝖋𝖞'𝖘 𝕭𝖆𝖈𝖐}

"We have lost seven of our own but we can't allow a single radical Seelie to define the entire Downworld, any more than we can allow Valentine to define all Shadowhunters" Alec addresses the Institute, standing tall and proud at the top of the staircase - Head of Institute suited him well, "So, to restore unity with our allies, I will be hosting regular cabinet meetings here, with the Downworld leaders of New York. These meetings will promote..."

Despite my unwavering attention on my incredibly hot boyfriend, the cutting sound of a couple of ignorant fellow Shadowhunters breaks through my concentration.

"I'm all for unity, but does he have to bring them here?"

"What do you expect? He and that girlfriend of his are best friends with a warlock."

"Still can't believe Alec Lightwood is in charge"

"Just wait. In a week it'll be someone else."

I turn to them, scowling balefully, "As long as it isn't either of you, it's fine by me. How about you shut up and show some respect for the current Head of Institute before he hears word and demotes you to the clean-up crew?"

The two Shadowhunters glare at me disdainfully but turn to face Alec again, unwillingly turning their attention to his speech.

"Please, let's make the Downworlders feel welcome" Alec concludes, silently dismissing the room and descending the stairs to meet me, Clary and Jace.

"Look at you" Jace declares, "In charge for a week, and already you're shaking things up. I think this cabinet thing's a good idea."

"Yeah, I'm not sure everyone agrees" Alec sighs

"Well, we do" I confirm, taking his hand in mine and leaning my head on his arm, "That's something, right?"

"Everything" Alec agrees, squeezing my hand tight and placing a chaste kiss to my forehead.

"Well, great!" Clary enthuses, "How can I help?"

"Actually, I need the three of you for a mission" Alec requests, eyes flitting between Jace, Clary and I, "Going to the Seelie Court."

"Where is that?"

"The nearest entrance is in Central Park" I explain, once again utilising my Shadowhunter brain book for information, "But it's technically in another realm. It's where the Seelie Queen lives."

"I requested an audience with her to discuss Kaelie's crimes" Alec continues, "However, she said she'll only meet with 'Valentine's experiments'"

"Wow. Charming nickname" Clary scoffs, "So you think the Seelie Queen is responsible for Kaelie's attacks?"

"That's what I want you to find out"

"It would make sense" Jace utters, "Those murders weren't exactly Kaelie's style."

"How did you know Kaelie?" Clary questions

"Book club."

"What...You read?"

"Yeah" Jace snipes, "Why does everyone find that hard to believe?"

Oh, my sister could be really naive sometimes.

'Book club.'

Yeah, right.

"Look, focus" Alec interjects, "We need to find out if she's complicit. An entire faction could be turning against us."

"That shouldn't be too hard, right?" Clary ponders, "Seelie's can't lie."

"Yeah but they can evade and manipulate and the Seelie Queen? She's a master manipulator." Jace explains, "She's dangerous. The entire realm is. More than a few Shadowhunters have never made it back."