{𝕬𝖘𝖒𝖔𝖉𝖊𝖎}

"Anything new?" Izzy asks as Clary and Jace return from another angelic connection tracking

"We tried tracking him together, like we did with Jonathan, but for some reason, it didn't work" Clary informs us.

"Magnus' wards are up. Valentine must still be in the city."

"Thank the Angel for Magnus and the warlocks" I sigh

"Really?" Clary muses, "I thought you'd love that our father is getting away"

"Clary" Alec warns

"No, really, what with her little breakdown after Jonathan died and her confusion on 'doing the right thing,' who's to say she-"

"Enough!" I scream, my hand punching down on the table - or, at least, that was the intention. Instead, my hand goes through the table, the electrical wires and glass fragments scattering the floor by our feet, "Am I not allowed to mourn my own brother?"

"Our brother" Clary remarks but with less venom, her lips parted in shock, "And he wasn't a great one."

"Don't you think I know that, Clarissa?" I seethe, "I know he was bad, I know he was evil but he was also a victim - just like me, just like you, just like Jace. He just got the shorter end of the stick. While we get loved up with angel blood, he got demon blood and endless torture and Angel knows what else. So, forgive me if I mourn the brother I wish he was, the brother I wish we could have had but was taken from us by Valentine. Am I allowed that, Your so Holy fucking Highness?"

I breathe heavily, my rant coming to a close as everyone in the room remains silent. The tinkling glass still falling to the floor like pins dropping.

"Of course you are" Alec soothes, taking my hand in his, "Let's get you to the infirmary for-"

"No" I reject, pulling my hand from his - which I now notice mangled and cut from punching through the table and computers, "I've got it."

The shimmer of my iratze rune glimmers through the hall for a short second before dulling again, my hand now perfectly healed.

"Cami" Clary starts

"What?" I ask with lethal quiet

"Try not to get angry like that again" she warns, "At least not in public."

"Why? Am I gonna scare them?"

"No" Clary urges, "Because your eyes turned black and they're all still freak out. If they even think you and Jonathan are both..."

As she trails off, I glance to Alec for confirmation, whom nods.

Black? I thought that only happened with the sleeper curse.

And she was right, my infuriating sister- seeing my eyes turn black could spell a quick death from the Clave, no questions asked, especially at this point.

"Cami...we will find Valentine" Izzy assures me, "We've got everybody searching, block by block, the wards are up. He can't hide for long."

I nod and smile tentatively at Alec and Jace as the move to help clean the mess i made. Usually, I'd feel bad, guilty, even help them but the rage consuming me was still ebbing so I let them be, instead moving to Clary.

"I didn't mean that" Clary sighs, "I thought I'd be relieved too, when Jonathan was dead but i just...I don't."

"Trust me, I know what you mean" I agree, wrapping an arm around her shoulder and hugging her tight, "I wish for all our sakes we'd had better."

The sound of an alarm breaks through everyone's concentration, the red lights strobing and flashing around the floor.

"Aerial sensors" Alec announces and we all move toward a non-broken monitor. I wince in true guilt as the anger disappears completely.