{𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕹𝖊𝖝𝖙 𝕾𝖙𝖊𝖕}

"Knock, knock" I whisper nervously, standing at the entrance to Alec's bedroom

I'd decided after the horror of the night's events that I should apologise and try to make things right...before anything else decided to come crashing down upon us.

"Come in" his voice was blunt, unemotional and it scared me. I entered the room, shutting the door behind me, my gaze directed at my boots, studying the shiny black leather instead of meeting his eyes, "What's the problem?"

"No problem" I shake my head, taking a tentative step forward, "Just..."

I sigh, pulling my gaze from the floor to look into his eyes. There was just as little emotion in them as there was in his voice. The nerves and intensity forced the words out in a complicated, jumbled rush.

"I just wanted to apologise to you. I'm so sorry I didn't tell you, that it got so out of hand...God, I'm so stupid! I don't know why I didn't tell you...though, I guess that isn't actually true. I knew you needed to know but I was scared that it wasn't the right time. You see that kind of stuff all the time in books and movies, where one person doesn't tell another something that they should know because the 'timing isn't right.' I use to scoff at that kind of stuff and now, look at me..." I rambled nervously and Alec's expression still hadn't changed.

"The point is" I mutter, slowing my words down, "I understand if you don't...if you're not..."

I couldn't force myself to say the words but it turns out I didn't have to because these were the words that had finally encourage an emotional response from Alec.

"You think I don't want you anymore because you withheld information from me?" Alec gapes, shocked and aggravated

I shrugged weakly in response, my gaze slipping back to my boots again. I heard the soft sound of the bed sighing in relief as Alec's weight left it, heard the soft shuffle of his feet as he made his way to me, his own bare feet joining my boots in my line of sight.

"Cami" his voice was soft, kind, the way it always used to be around me. I didn't respond or look up, "Hey"

His fingers rested under my chin, tilting my head up to force my eyes to look into his.

"I will never not want you" his eyes blazed with the passion his words provoked and I felt my stomach flip, "I doubt there's anything you could ever do that would change that."

"I don't deserve you" I breathed, forehead crumpling in agony, "I don't deserve your forgiveness...your love."

"Well, suck it up, because you have it" Alec chuckled softly, his fingers brushing along my cheek with alarming softness

"I wish I deserved it"

"Enough with the deserving" Alec dismissed, a sudden hungry look overshadowing his eyes, "You have me, deserving or not."

'You have me'

The words sent a thrill through me. This beautiful, handsome, angelic being was mine and only mine for as long as he wanted me and it was unfathomable to process.

With a sudden urge, I pressed my lips to his, tangling my fingers in his hair as if this were the last time I would be able to kiss him. All the tension melted from my body the second our lips met, the relief of it felt like coming home from hell - it was pure heaven.

His hands travelled along the skin of my cheek, down my neck, my arms, my sides, my waist until they slid around my body, resting on the small of my back, encasing me within himself.

I knew it before I said it, felt it in my bones.

I was ready.

"I'm ready" I whispered, pulling back from him ever so slightly, resisting the urge to whimper in the process, "I'm ready."