{𝕾𝖔𝖚𝖑 𝕾𝖜𝖔𝖗𝖉}

Jace's plan was a good one...hopefully it would actually work.

The plan was for Jace to glamour himself as Clary and walk right into the hands of Valentine, demanding to see Simon and make sure he's alright before doing anything else. Jace, surprisingly, was also willing to give Simon his blood, to ensure he wouldn't die.

"On the video call, Simon was in Aldertree's office" Clary mutters, leading the way, "This way..."

"Careful" Magnus warns - I'd never seen him so serious before, "Circle members could be anywhere."

I glanced to my right, down the hallway...spotting the one girl who I, for some reason, least expected.

"Madzie" I speak her name, surprised, and she barely glances at me before taking off down the hallway beyond her. I turn to Magnus, "Go get her. We can find Simon."

"Are you sure?"

"She's being used, Mags" I frown, "None of this is her fault, but she needs to be stopped."

"I'll meet you in Aldertree's office" Magnus nods

"But Mags..." I trail off, worry sinking into my words, "If something goes wrong...please-"

"I'll do what I have to do, Cami" Magnus smiles, "But I trust you. Nothing will go wrong."

I wished I had he confidence in myself that he seemed to have in me. I offered a reassuring smile as Magnus made his way after Madzie, Clary and I splitting in the opposite directions, swords raised whilst our bodies cowered over in a low crouch.

It wasn't long before we'd circled ourselves back to the main room, near the elevated platform that ran along the back of it, serving as a two-pronged entry the rooms of the Institute within.

It also wasn't long before a Circle member found us. He sprang from the sides, his sword plunging through the air towards my stomach with a harsh, zinging sound.

I dodge him effortlessly, striking my own sword once, twice, three times into his chest, pushing his bleeding, broken body to the floor, whirling around to face Clary.

She had her own Circle member to deal with and I caught on to the end of the fight, watching her plunge her sword in the man's chest the way I'd done. She was skilled, talented. It was impressive, watching her fight. She'd had no training and skills to work with, just minor tactics she'd picked up, brute strength and what small knowledge she had but she'd made it work and I realise, with startlingly clarity, that she was dangerous...deadly.

"Nice job, sis" I compliment and he turn to me, a wide grin stretched across her face

"You too"

The momentary distraction was all that was needed for more Circle members to show up, too many to fight. They forced the swords from our hands, gripping us by the wrists as they dragged us further into the main room.

"You can't make me do this" I growled, struggling as much as I could from their grip, "I won't let you do this"

"Let me go!" Clary's aggravated pleas joined mine as we wore forced into the room

The Sword seemed to be set up already, plugged into some kind of weird, energy filled container.

So much for turning off the power core.

Valentine entered the room and the guys holding me released me instantly, only for Valentine to grab onto me with just as much strength, forcing me closer to the Sword.

"I will not do this" I growled through gritted teeth, steeling myself as much as possible

"Unfortunately, you don't get to decide that" Valentine barks