{𝕬𝖓𝖌𝖘𝖙 𝕱𝖊𝖘𝖙}

IMPORTANT A/N

Just before I start, I wanted to say a few things; for example, because this is a book in Camille's POV and it's not a show, I can't show the multiple facets that the show does - such as Sizzy moments or Clace moments, or even some really important moments (like the soul-swords deactivation) because Cami isn't there, therefore can't comment on them so some of our favourite scenes might be cut. As I go further into the show, the chapters will also change a lot more considering I'm tinkering with the storyline a lot more to fit Cami into it in a main charachter capacity because, after all, that's what we're all here for - Cami's story.

I also wanted to stress that because this is a book about Cami and Alec, a lot of the scenes will focus on them, or, as I watch an episode to write each chapter, I will usually get Cami and Alec together. It is quite challenging writing this book, especially considering I've added a charachter into an already very established story but I hope it's still enjoyable to read.

Thanks and Happy Reading!

******

"Just got off the phone with Luke" I inform Jace as I enter the main control room - apparently a demon had made a bunch of bar patrons take a permanent nap, "He made it look like a tragic gas leak."

"According to the autopsy, the victims died of massive brain haemorrhaging"

"A demon can do that?"

Clary's voice - great. Not that I don't love my sister but right now, things were incredibly awkward...especially when Jace was around.

"Greater Demon can" Jace continues, not missing a beat - gotta hand it to him, he really is constantly on it

"What...what exactly is the difference?"

"Lesser demons are a dime a dozen in New York" I explain, once again exploiting my fancy Shadowhunter knowledge gained from...well, nothing, really - it really is a kickass power, "Greater Demons? That's a whole different story."

"They have names, personalities." Jace continues, sounding robotic and unemotional...kinda like the time we first met him, "They're much more powerful and they're harder to stop. They're also...incredibly rare. When they do show their face, there's a reason."

"Jace...are you okay?"

Oop.

Well.

Clary certainly has perfect timing.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?"

"Well, you've barely spoken about what happened with the Soul-Sword."

"Yeah, well, there's not much to talk about" Jace deflects, avoiding Clary's gaze...and in doing so, meeting mine.

'Tell her' I mouth

Jace shakes his head only slightly, but it's enough to express his feelings on the matter of telling Clary the truth about his lineage - hell freaking no.

"Okay" Clary shrugs, oblivious to the millisecond-long interruption, "But if you do feel like talking, I'm here for you. So is Cami. We're your sisters, Jace. We know what you're going through."

I flinch at the mention of the word 'sister' in relation to Clary and the pain it brings Jace - a flash so brief you would have missed it had you not expected it.

"Like I said, there's nothing to talk about."

With that Jace stalks off across the room and I follow him quickly whilst Clary stews.

"I'm not gonna waste my breath in telling you to tell her" I remark, crossing my arms and leaning against a pillar, "But she knows something's up and she will figure it out sooner or later, she won't let this go."