{𝕽𝖊𝖙𝖚𝖗𝖓𝖊𝖉}

"Cami?" Alec's voice echoes and I turn to face him

"Alec" I whisper, wasting no time in running straight into his arms, even though it was an awkward position considering he was still laying down

"When did you get back?" He breathes, ruffling the hair by my ear and I sigh in audible relief

"Today...ish" I respond, pulling back from the hug to look at him, "When did you?"

Alec chuckles at the joke, stroking my cheek tenderly, "That's my girl."

I beam brightly, pressing my lips to his. In that moment, I truly feel at home, at peace. With his arms wrapped around me, his lips on mine, it was true bliss. I had waited for this since the last time, when we were looking for the book of the white, even though that seemed like years ago now, and it was every bit as amazing.

"I missed you"

"I missed you too" Alec smiles, "Hey...you seem...different. Did something happen?"

"Well...yeah" I allow, "Kind of."

"What? What happened?" Alec sits us, alert and on guard

"Let's just say I'm a little more worthy in your parents eyes now."

"What?"

I launch into the story, with Magnus and Izzy adding bits in between, everything from when I left to now, including my new status.

"Super Shadowhunter, huh?" Alec raises an eyebrow, "Kinda hot, not gonna lie"

"Yeah, now I can even take you down" I flirt

"Jeez, keep it in your pants" Izzy jokes, "We've got some kinda pressing issues right now"

"Right, enough about me" Alec snaps back to attention, standing from the couch and giving Izzy a quick hug, "What are we gonna do about Jace?"

"I don't know" I admit, "But we better figure it out...and fast."

***

"How'd it go with Aldertree?" Alec asks me later that day, "Are they going to arrest you too?"

"No, we cleared that up already, my mother is a true master at spinning lies" I scoff, "I will be punished for attacking Raj but they're not all that concerned about me at the moment."

"All for trying to save my life" Alec remarks

"Worth it" I assure him, wrapping my arms around his waist, "Completely worth it."

"Jace may have been the one who pulled me out, but I did feel you there" Alec admits, "And it did make a difference. So...thank you."

"Thank you for not dying on me" I chuckle, "I don't think...well, actually, I know I couldn't have handled that so...How's Jace, anyway?"

"He won't be gone long" Alec assures me, "Once his hand touches the Soul Sword, the truth will come out...and prove that he's never been on Valentine's side."

"Good" I exhale

"Look..." Alec stammers awkwardly and I look up expectantly, "Um, I know that with everything that's been going on, I...Well, we-we haven't had a chance to..."

"Go on our first date?" I suggest, smiling fondly, he was so cute when he was awkward

"Right, yes" Alec beams

"I know a good place in SoHo that has great kebabs?" I offer, "Oooh, or there's a gelato place in Little Italy? You hungry?"

"Starving"