{𝕱𝖗𝖊𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝕬𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑}

Cleophas stayed true to her word and led us to Valentine's most recent hideout. The thunder crackling above could be heard even inside this tower and it promised a devastating storm...we needed to act quickly.

"Cleophas, did you find Camille and Clarissa?"

Valentine's voice never failed to make me feel ice cold, even in the warmest of temperatures. It was like icy sleet sliding down my back, seeping like a toxin into my skin.

"I did. And I was right" Cleophas confirms, "They are both gifted. One, I suspect, more than the other. I'm sure that's you're doing. There are thing they showed me that I didn't know were possible."

"So...where are they?"

I took that as my cue and sprung from behind him, throwing him with all my strength to the floor.

"Oh you know me, Dad" I sneer, "I'm never too far away"

"Camille" Valentine growls, lunging for me, but Cleophas jumps in the way, fighting Valentine away from me

"Go, Camille, help Clary and Jace" she grunts, "Go now!"

I listen without any hesitation, flying up the stairs and following them to the highest possible point, where Cleophas had suspected Valentine would be keeping the Angel.

When I reach the rooftop, the whistling wind, crashing thunder and thick fog made it hard to hear or see anything but as I made my way through the smog, I caught them in a midst of a fight with two Circle members but as I considered jumping in to help, I notice a weathered man tied and chained by the wall.

I race to him dodging half-hearted attempts to stop me from the Circle members too pre-occupied with fighting off my siblings to really stop me.

Their fights ended quickly and, soon, they were beside me, attempting to hack at the chains with our seraph blades...but nothing was working.

"Why can't we break the chain?" Clary grunts, bringing the sword down in a vicious blow that barely marked them

"I don't know, Valentine must have used a warlock, some kind of dark magic"

"You know" I huff, striking at the chain again, "For a guy so opposed to Downworlders, he sure does use them for their abilities a lot."

Once again, that screaming wail rang through my head again, only this time even more intense considering he was actually standing right beside me this time.

I drop the sword instantly and grab my head tightly.

"Cami!" Clary exclaims, touching my shoulder, "What is it?"

"Urgh!" I groan, feeling a warm, sticky fluid I knew would be blood streaming from my nose, coating my teeth as I spoke, "It's the angel. He's screaming again. Can't you hear him?"

Clary shakes her head vigorously, glancing at the angel as if trying to decide what to do.

"What's wrong with her?" I hear Jace call, his voice even louder now that head had to shout over the storm and my agonised screams

"It's the angel" Clary explains, "He was communicating to us earlier, that's how we knew he was here, on Earth but apparently, he's stopped communicating with me...just with Cami."

"Ahh!" I shriek as another rack of screaming pain soared through my head. It made it seem as if someone smacking it with a hammer would seem be pure bliss.

Suddenly, a vision came to mind and I all of sudden knew exactly what Clary had been talking about. I clambered forward on my hands and knees until I was kneeling before the angel.

Slowly, I spread my arms out, palms upward as if about to summon something and called on all my strength of will, imagining the rune I'd seen in my head, curved with semi-spirals coming off of it and a strange o shape up the top, imagining it unlocking the changes.

I see the rune emblazon itself upon the chains at every locking point, glowing a brilliant, shining gold that almost hurt my eyes in the dark storm.

The angel grinned happily and pulled his arms apart, snapping the chains as if they were made of feathers. The rune had worked.

I slumped down onto my knees, letting my body fall into a semi-sitting position as I caught my breath, The wailing was gone, so was the pain but I was still exhausted.

The angel spread his arms, as I had done moment before but, unlike me, his wings followed his arms outward. They were dirty - battered and worn but they still looked magnificent.

He smiled at me warmly, gesturing for me to stand. I did so, though wobbly and he, once again gestured, but this time it was for me to touch his face.

He offered Jace and Clary a hand also, silently asking for us all to touch him. He wanted to show us something.

As though on a silent cue, we all reached for the angel at the same time.

Now, the storm was gone. New York was gone and we were now in a meadow...but it looked sinister, evil somehow. The Soul Sword flew from the sky and landed in the earth, a brilliant excalibur but what took hold of it was anything but angelic.

It was claw-fingered and scaly...a demonic figure, I could only assume as it's face never appeared. It touched the sword and the latin scripture lit up a sickly green-gold colour before evaporating into dust...the demonic figure along with it.

All of a sudden, we were back in New York, the wind whipping our hair so harshly it stung my cheeks.

"What was that?" Clary stutters

The Angel offered her no response and took my hand from his cheek, squeezing it slightly.

"Thank you, my child" his voice echoed through my mind, though this time there was no pain. Instead, it felt as if an overwhelming, pure warmth had shot through my heart.

I gasped, stumbling back and away from him as if I'd been electrocuted and, as soon as I'd done so, he spread his wings further and soared into the air, leaving no trace he was ever there before but for a pile of crumpled chains on the ground and a clear, blue sky.