{𝕳𝖊𝖆𝖛𝖊𝖓𝖑𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖙𝖊𝖗𝖘}

In the limited time it took to portal to the Citidel to meet the Iron Sisters, I'd allowed myself only those small seconds to ponder my reaction to Alec.

I knew I'd been acting grotesquely, lashing out with unnecessary anger but at the same time...I couldn't help it. It was uncontrollable, like the curse had been when it was implanted in me all those years ago.

And the rage wasn't just 'my best friend stole my boyfriend' anger it was 'you just killed my entire family' anger. It was blood boiling and intense...and fucking terrifying.

And the look on Alec's face when I'd recoiled from his touch, screamed at him...I was glad for our arrival at the Adamant Citidel because if I had to ponder that look on his face, of pure hurt and bewilderment, I probably would've cried again.

"Woah"

Clary's awed gasp breaks me from my thoughts and my eyes focus on my surroundings. Rocks, smoky clouds, a faint blue sky...and a castle straight from the story books - expansive, made of surely old rocks and marble. It was definitely a castle I could imagine ethereal half-angels to be but also one I could picture warrior women slaving away at a mountain of steel and flame, forging angelic weapons.

"This is more amazing than I imagined" Izzy's tone was that of an admiring child, seeing her most prized possession for the first time. I remembered Clary's comment from a while ago, mentioning that this had been Izzy's dream job and as I stared at the ornate castle...yeah, I could definitely see Izzy here.

Approaching the gates, which was a good 30 minute walk up a steep stone hill from the bottom - thanks for that leg workout, by the way, Aldertree - a gate of swords parts to allow us entry.

"I can't believe I'm actually going inside" Izzy's wondered tone was still there as she gazed the grounds excitedly and I find myself smiling slightly

The sound of a bell breaks through our awe and the ringing reverberates through my ears, a pitch too high for my sensitive ears. But that was the least of my concerns.

A ring of women in white had suddenly appeared from thin air, encircling us with sharp spears.. I instinctively push Clary behind my body, surveying the women around me with caution.

An annoyed grunt from Clary is quickly masked with fear of it's own - her frustrated protest smothered by the imminent threat of swords in our faces.

"Speak your names" the apparent leader demands. I say that because she was the only one with a sword, which glowed as she spoke

"Isabelle Lightwood" Izzy declares, confident and unafraid, as if this was routine.

Hell, it probably was routine.

Thanks for the heads up, Iz.

"Clary Fairchild"

"One of Valentine's daughters" another woman speaks and I turn to face her. I'd never met her before but there was a strange spark of recognition in me as I looked at her face. She also had a sword in hand. Leader #2?

"Camille Fairchild" I proclaim, "I'm the other daughter."

My snippet of sass was clearly not welcomed among this group but, thankfully, it hadn't yet warranted me a spear to the face.

"Your father killed the Silent Brothers" the leader speaks again. Her tone, as was the other's, was level and controlled, giving off no sign of emotion. Eerily, it reminded me of my own sometimes, "He's taken our most valuable weapon. You must leave immediately."

"They've done nothing wrong" Izzy pleads, interjecting before I could. Probably better, too, Izzy's tone was laid with respect. I doubt I would've been as polite.