{𝕬𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖎𝖈 𝕿𝖗𝖆𝖈𝖐𝖎𝖓𝖌}

We are super duper close to the end of book 2 ya'll! So, I have a task for you. Could someone talented at manips makes me a book 3 book cover with both Alec and Cami on it? Including the golden runes on cami if the picture displays any skin on her.

Please do let me know I'd be much appreciative!

So sorry for the late updates btw but I'm swamped with work and honestly was lacking the motivation but currently am introducing a friend to the world of Shadowhunters and rewatching so my inspiration is back! Let's hope I get a good ways through book 3 this time!

So sorry again for the wait guys, I see the comments I get everyday and believe me I hear them!

*********

"Have you notified the Verlac family yet?" Inquisitor Herondale asks, her face appearing on the laptop screen with a musical beep - no time for pleasantries with Valentine and Jonathan on the loose.

Izzy, Jace and Clary had made their way to find Jonathan where he'd been suspected to be, only to find the dead body of the real Sebastian Verlac, bruised, beaten and tortured and also possessed by the same demon that had possessed me...and used me as an instrument to kill my own mother. I couldn't help but be glad I wasn't there for that one, to come face to face with the same species of demon that had made me question myself so completely...

"The Penhallow daughter, Aline, will deliver the message in person, Madam Inquisitor" Alec says and I give his shoulder a soft, comforting squeeze - he had been taking a lot of this onto himself.

"Defiling the body of a fallen soldier and turning it into a booby trap is sadly par for the course for Valentine, isn't it?"

"A possessing demon wouldn't have done this on its own" Alec agrees, "The trap could only have been set using the Mortal Cup to command it."

"So he had it all along."

"And our intel shows he's also in possession of the Mortal Sword."

"Do you have any good news for me today, Mr Lightwood?"

"Valentine and Jonathan believe that the New York Institute is in possession of the Mortal Mirror. They won't leave the city without it."

"Thank the Angel that at least he wasn't able to find that."

"We were." Alec beams, brightened by the ability to deliver good news, and turning to face me, "Cami?"

"Mine and Clary's connection with the angel led us to it. Even better news is...it's in Idris" I smile, coming into full view of the Inquisitor, "The Mirror is Lake Lyn."

"That's the very same water that Raziel first rose from" she breathes, "Who else knows about this?"

"Unfortunately, the number of people we can trust is getting smaller by the day." Jace says, "We thought it best to tell you first. And we'd like to officially request soldier from the Gard to be placed in the surrounding woods around the Lake. It may only be a matter of time before Valentine realises he's been had."

"I'll speak to Consul Malachi about deployment at once. Good hunting."

With little more to say, apparently, the call ends with another musical beep and I turn to Jace.

"I'm glad and all that you have some blood family to relate to now, even if she's not the bear hugs and baking cookies type but damn does she have to be so cold?" I scoff

"So what do we do now?" Jace asks, smirking in response to my joke

"There's only nine million people in the metro area" Clary remarks, "How hard could it be to find two?"