{𝕹𝖊𝖜 𝕽𝖚𝖓𝖊𝖘, 𝕹𝖊𝖜 𝕽𝖚𝖑𝖊𝖘}

In honour of the final :( episode of Shadowhunters, here's an early update!!

Also, tell me your thoughts about the final episode?

Personally, I really, really like it. Although I would've preferred a neater ending far, FAR in the future, they did amazingly well for the time they had to finish it.

Love you angels!

I'm also considering doing a 4th book that would sort of follow the interviews with the show runners about season 4 and kind of brings it to fruition in book form - I mean, it's no Shadowhunters but...let me know if you'd like it?

Happy Reading x
•••

"Okay, what is Valentine up to anyway?" Alec growls, gripping onto my waist even tighter

"I don't know" Clary feigned innocence, glancing over to Jace, who shook his head mouthing the words 'it's too dangerous'

Clary looked over to me and I, contrary to Jace, nodded softly, "They're our family. They need to know."

"Know what?"

"The angel Ithuriel" Clary launched into her explanation, "Valentine was going to use him to activate the Soul-Sword. He needs someone with pure angel blood to activate it."

"Well, that doesn't sound good" Simon wavers

"It's not" Jace confirms, "With the Soul-Sword activated, Valentine could decimate the entire Downworld. The angel showed the three of us a vision of a demon who could destroy the Sword. If we could find that demon, we could stop Valentine."

"How did you three save the angel?" Magnus inquired and before Jace could stop me or Clary could say it was he to protect me, I finally spoke up

"With runes the angel gave to me. New runes, Mags. Ones no one's ever seen before"

"Why didn't you tell me?" Alec asked, hurt, and I squeezed his hand

"I didn't want to worry you."

"Why did he choose you?" Izzy ponders

"I don't know, but" I begin and this time it's Clary who shakes her head but I continue anyway, "At the Citadel, during the purity trial in the heavenly waters, when I entered them, the water turned gold. I asked Cleophas about it and she said that the only time that that's ever happened was-"

"When Ithuriel visited Earth many, many years ago" Magnus finished, exhaling loudly, "But what does that mean?"

"I think that because of the gold water, my gold runes, my abilities and my capability to connect and communicate with the angels...I don't know for sure but I have a theory that-"

"Valentine experimented on you, too" Magnus, once again finished for me, "But with Angel blood, not demon"

"Yeah" I nod, "But I think I have even more angelic blood in me than just that. Not only did he, possibly, inject me with it before I was born but I also had the angelic blood backbone that the curse rested upon and when Valentine forced me to drink from the Cup...it tripled my angelic blood. Maybe even quadrupled if I had any lingering angel blood from lineage"

"But wouldn't that mean..." Izzy gaped, "That you're almost complete angel?"

"Potentially" Magnus agreed

"But that doesn't explain Jace and Clary...as far as we know, Jace has demon blood"

"I might know" Magnus continues, "Years ago, a Silent Brother told me about a special connection the original Shadowhunters had with the Angel Raziel. That they could communicate from afar with...visions. Because they were created from his blood."

"Are you saying that Clary also has a blood connection to an Ithuriel?" I question

"That's why Valentine wants Clary and Cami unharmed" Jace surmises, "because they both have pure angel blood"

"And it also explains why he forced me to drink from the Mortal Cup. At first, I refused so he...shoved it down my throat. I'm kind of his own secret weapon" I murmur, looking over at Jace, who was clearly re-living that awful moment, too.

"Not just that" Jace reminds us, "It also means you can both activate the Soul-Sword"

***

After the night's amazingly crazy revelations, we had finally made it to the next day, to Max's Rune Ceremony.

Thanks to Alec, I had actually been invited, despite, once again, not being able to look him in the eye.

I thought I had finally begun to come to terms with my mother's...accident. That I had begun to heal from it, forgive myself for it but clearly, I had just been upholding that smokescreen for longer than I had really given myself credit for.

Though Iris Rouse had been a pain in the ass, she had done one alright thing - she'd forced me to fully accept my role in my mother's death and begin to move on from it. That didn't mean, however, that I could shake the memories of the words I'd heard and seen Clary and Alec say. Real or not, it felt real and that was enough.

"Camille" Alec spoke my name softly, pulling my arm to hold me back before we entered the room for the ceremony, "Camille, look at me."

"I can't" I shake my head adamantly but Alec ignored my protests, using his fingers to tip my chin upwards, forcing me to look into those beautiful hazel eyes I loved so much.

"Camille, I need to say this and you need to hear it, okay?" Alec sighs, "You are not a murderer. You are not a monster. You are not a cold blooded killer. I don't believe any of those things and I never, ever will. Ever. None of the things you thought you heard Clary and I say were true, and she does not blame you for the death of your mother. And you need to believe that, right now."

Instead of responding, I bring my lips to his, tears threatening to spill from my eyes as I kissed him passionately, lovingly.

He was my everything.

My world.

And I knew, in that moment, without a shadow of doubt that I loved him.