{𝕿𝖜𝖎𝖓𝖊𝖉}

Emerging from the Portal, nearby a small clearing in the middle of trees near Lake Lyn, the first thing I see is my sister, alive and well, but bent over the body of Jace, screaming and crying, blood covering her - though none of it hers.

"Jace, come back, please!" Clary begs, sobbing, "Come back."

"Clarissa, I...I'm sorry" Valentines voice penetrates through my haze of sadness and for the first time in a long while, I feel that haze begin to creep over her - the rage, the hate, the violence, "I had no choice

"Do not speak to her" I growl so low and deep in my throat it doesn't even feel like me, "You always have a choice!"

"Cami" Clary hiccups, "He...he's-"

"The three of you together are two dangerous" Valentine explains, "I made you too well."

"Whose fault is that?" I hiss, "You create what you call 'superior' beings and then elect to destroy us because we're too good? I knew you were twisted but that's a new level."

Suddenly, Clary's sobbing stops and the look in her eyes...murderous was too gentle a word. With a mighty battle cry, she rushes for our father, only to cop a sharp blow to the head from the back of Valentine's sword, not only knocking her unconscious but knocking her so she slumps on top of Jace's dead body - for all the world, it looked just as if they were sleeping, the dark night and clothes concealing the colour of the blood.

"What is wrong with you?!" I growl, not sparing a moment to check on Clary more than to see her chest still rising and falling, almost glaringly different to the utter stillness of Jace's body.

Valentine ignores me, instead grasping for the Cup, Soul-Sword already in hand before the Mortal Mirror. All three mortal instruments, all in one place for the first time since they're creation.

"Stop!" I warn him, "If you think I won't kill you, you are beyond wrong!"

"You're about to see history being made, Camille" Valentine smiles, "You should be grateful."

"Grateful? I will never be grateful to you! You killed Jace."

"I'm certain he would have stopped me if I hadn't. His death was a necessary sacrifice, if I'm to save humanity."

"And I can't stop you?"

"No, you won't" Valentine corrects, "Because your sister looks very vulnerable over there and I doubt you will want to choose between your sister and the Instruments. I don't want to kill her and I didn't want to kill Jace but I will, for the greater good."

"Greater good?" I scoff

"I loved that boy like I loved Jocelyn. It wasn't a choice made easily, neither was sacrificing your mother."

"Don't lie. You've never loved anyone but yourself."

"If that were true, why would I love my two girls alive now? Why would I have done what I have done for you."

"To me" I hiss, as Valentine walks back for the Sword and Cup, entering the edge of the Lake with both in hand, "There is a difference."

"To you, for you, there is very little difference" Valentine counters, "You are made of pure angelic blood, in more ways than one. Born with it."

"What are you talking about? Before you forced the Cup's contents down my throat, I was born a mundane."

"Yes, well, not for lack of trying. You are a one-of-a-kind, my daughter. It's just a shame your identical counterpart was such a failure."

"What are you talking about?!"

"You're not an only child, this you already know. But what I'm betting you don't is that Jonathan is...I'm sorry, was, your twin brother."

The world shudders and stops. Of course, I already knew that let but it didn't mean I had to tell him that.

I let the feigned shock and agony cloud my eyes as he rambles on. Though I knew I was Jonathan's twin, there was one thing I'd never gotten a true answer to...

"You can dial down the worry, I didn't give you demon blood. When Jocelyn told me she had twins, a boy and a girl, I was elated...the perfect beginning to my experimentation. I wanted to see what could happen with twin children influenced by vastly different Shadow World bloodlines. My hope was for an angelic daughter, capable of greatness and goodness, so pure in her blood it would make her superior and a warrior son to protect her and everyone else, with pure demon blood so strong no army could stand before the might of him - of them. The failure he became was a great disappointment to me. I was crushed when you were born and declared mundane."

"You tortured him. Infected him with blood he had no reason to need and though you may have given me a pure being's blood, it was not your place to do so! If anything, I'm an abomination as much as he is. To pilfer a pure being's blood the way you did, the way you forced me to...it's despicable."

"Despicable? My girl, you are the most angelic being on Earth and that includes me and though it took me a while to see it...I see it now. When I found out you weren't just a mundane but what we call a mundani, I had hope that in drinking from the Cup, it would make you my most successful experiment...and I was right. A triple angelic bloodline is unheard of in this world and I'm betting you know that."

"Triple what?"

"A triple angelic bloodline. Not only did you have the angel Ithuriel's blood I had given you in utero, you also had that angelic backbone granted by your mundani side. I guessed that the reason you displayed such a lack of angelic properties was because you had been overdosed with it, too much for a human body, even a nephilim body, to withstand so it sank deeper. Dormant, if you will. I knew if I could get you to drink from the Cup, one of the purest form of becoming a Shadowhunter, it would unlock that blood I had instilled in you years ago. I was right. You have angelic blood flooding you, overfilling you. Why do you think you're so connected to the Angels? You almost are one."

"I'm no angel" I growl, "And I don't believe you. After everything you've said and done, how can I believe a word you say?"

"Tell me yourself. Part of the connection, maybe it has a little something to do with being twins, but have you ever noticed how unbearably angry can can get in the blink of an eye?"

A flash of a shattered display monitor and a mangled hand flit through my mind. I keep silent.

"You didn't think that was all you, did you? My Angel daughter. You two do have your own book, you know. Like the one you found on Jace. It's hidden in that same cabin, under the fifth floorboard in the bedroom, the one that squeaks like a mouse. You find that, it'll give you the proof."

"Written words from you? I trust that even less."

"Be that as it may, it's the truth" In his reverie, I hadn't noticed how much my guard had dropped, how close he'd gotten and in one powerful move, he hits the sword from my hand and clamps shackles onto me, pushing me to the ground where he proceeds to place more chain around my ankles.

"You will never get away with this!"

"I already have."

I grit my teeth in frustration as he again re-emerges into the mirror, raising the two Instruments in the air. The shackles wouldn't give, my stele in my back pocket, unable to draw any kind of rune useful for releasing me - even as an unlocking rune conjures itself within my mind, useless without a stele to draw upon the metal. Unable to escape.

So instead I had to watch as the most monstrous man I'd ever known called upon an Angel.