{𝕮𝖍-𝕮𝖍-𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖘}

"Touch me and the last thing you'll ever see is my hand wringing your neck" I growl, gripping a hand with a stele and twisting it till the stele drops to the ground

I stand up quickly, fluidly...

Wow.

The weight I'd never realised settled upon me was lifted, the way I'd felt in the alternative world, the one where we'd all been dormant Shadowhunters...the curse had been lifted.

At least Valentine had gotten that right.

I could feel new strength, knowledge in my veins and I felt...different. That was the only way to describe it.

"Your first rune must be the Circle rune" the Circle member says, picking the stele back up

"Says who?"

"Valentine"

"Rhetorical question" I rebut as the Circle member comes for me again, stele at the ready, "Don't come near me."

"Valentine wishes it so."

"Yeah, well I don't!" I growl and somehow, someway...I fight him. And I do it well.

The fight doesn't last long. With a simple kick to the shin, knee to the head and twist of the wrist, the Circle member lies on the floor, unconscious whilst I hold my new stele, tucking it discreetly into my back pocket.

I feel both the same and different...I was still me. I was still Cami Fray but I was stronger, less clumsy and more graceful, and I just knew what I had to do, where I had to go, who I had to find to get out of here.

Clary.

I had to find Clary.

Even though the curse had been lifted, which I could tell from my lack of gracelessness, as well as the echoing thoughts of protecting Clary that had been eradicated, but something still lingered - a feeling, something that told me Clary was nearby and that I should protect her.

That was the biggest change.

Should.

When I was cursed, everything had been would, can, have to. I didn't have the choice and I couldn't lose, it was something I was forced to do, something I could do without fail. Now, I could choose but even more than that...now, I could fail.

Following my new senses, I made my way below deck, picking my way carefully through the rooms and spaces until I found what seemed like a dungeon.

It was filled with incredibly agitated downworlders and demons in cages, roaring and protesting, trying to scratch a way out.

The only stationary one was Clary.

She was also trapped in a cage and seemed unconscious, her fiery red hair that matched my own cascaded down her shoulders, her head resting on it like a pillow.

A figure was making their way towards her as she stirred. Dark hair, veiny, short...

Dot?

"What did you do to me?" Clary demands, having woken

"I'm so sorry, Clary" Dot apologises - how is she even alive?

"Up there with Jace, that...that wasn't me talking" Clary reveals, "I can't see the future, can I?"

The future?

What was she talking about?

"No" Dot agrees, shaking her head rapidly, "Valentine made me cast a spell on you so that you'd do as I'd say"