{𝕸𝖊𝖊𝖙 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝕻𝖆𝖗𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖘 - 𝕻𝖆𝖗𝖙 2}

"There" Alec declares, pointing at the little glowing spot that was the Angel ascending back to heaven on the monitor, "They said that was the angel"

"It could have been a shooting star" Izzy doubts

"Are you saying you don't believe them? I thought you'd be impressed."

"I'm not saying I don't believe them" Izzy sighs frustratedly, "It's just that no one's seen an angel in hundreds of years"

"Until now" I pipe up, finally announcing myself

"Hey" Alec smiles, engulfing me in a hug, "I'm glad you're back. I missed you."

"Me too" I smile, squeezing him tightly before stepping back and settling for holding his hand instead.

"Hey, Alec...did you end up taking my advice?" Izzy teases, a mischievous grin plastered to her face

"No...not yet" Alec spoke through gritted teeth, giving his sister a rather pissed-off glare but they couldn't get really into it because just then Max, looking startlingly older than the last time I saw him despite it being such a short time ago, hurtled around the corner, smiling happily

"Hey, guys!"

"Hey, buddy!" Alec greeted him and the smile he had on his face was enough to melt the coldest of hearts, but mine skipped a beat. Was that how he looked at me or was I being a little too hopeful?, "How are you doing?"

"Max! I missed you so much!" Izzy coos, bending to the floor to hug him tightly, "You look so handsome. What are you doing here?"

He didn't need to answer because Maryse Lightwood turned the corner looking a little...nervous?

Whether she was or wasn't, I definitely was. I tensed at the sight of her, fighting to pull my hand from Alec's but he only gripped it tighter, rubbing circles gently into my skin with his thumb, the gesture he'd taken to doing very often now since it seemed to calm me slightly.

"Alec. Isabelle" Maryse greeted them, offering me a silent, tiny nod. It was more than I was expecting so I awkwardly smiled back as a way of greeting, internally cursing at myself for looking even more like an idiot, "It's good to see you...three"

God, it was like meet the parents - part 2.

Only I couldn't see Robert anywhere.

"Really?" Izzy scoffed

"Izzy-" Alec tried to warn her but Izzy was having none of it

"'Cause the last time you were here, you turned your back on all of us. Especially Jace."

"I was following orders" Maryse defended but she seemed meeker...cautious even. When I'd first met her she was as cautious as a bulldozer going 70 miles an hour. Why the change?, "I had no choice"

Alec and Izzy both seemed unwilling to accept this excuse so Maryse promptly moved on.

"Max has some big news. Tell them, sweetheart."

"I passed my last trial. I'm ready for my Rune Ceremony" Max announced

"Congratulations" Alec and I chorus and it's then that Max notices me.

"Who are you?" Max exclaims abruptly

"Max" Alec scolds him, "That's no way to talk to an adult. Apologise."

"Oh, no, Alec, it's okay" I dismiss. Kids will be kids, "I don't expect you to remember me. My name's Camille...Fairchild. I'm, uh..."

"She's my girlfriend" Alec finishes and I feel my heart swell for the second time in an hour.