{𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝖀𝖓𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊𝖑𝖞 𝕾𝖆𝖛𝖎𝖔𝖚𝖗}

"Looks like Azazel's headed south" Alec announces, walking with such a brisk pace it was a wonder he didn't drag me in behind him by the hand, "We've just recovered four dead mundanes with his signature MO."

"Okay. Let's go."

"To catch a Greater Demon you summoned to the Institute, defying all protocol and common sense?" The matronly voice of Inquisitor Herondale interrupts Jace before he cane move any further, face laden with so much disapproval it made me want to roll my eyes.

"Don't put this all on Jace. I had a part in this too" Alec defends

"And me." I pipe in, though the look they all shoot me tells me I should have thought better than to say anything

"Look, if you wanna bench your best fighter with a Greater Demon on the loose, I'm happy to oblige" Jace speaks and I smother my smirk - though the tone and words were overbearingly respectful, I could definitely detect the hint of matter-of-fact sarcasm hiding behind his eyes.

"No" the Inquisitor sighs, "First we vanquish Azazel. Then I'll decide what to do with you."

"Go" Jace urges us as the Inquisitor struts away, "I'll catch up."

***

"Azazel's attacks go as far south as the Meatpacking District, and then the trail runs cold" Alec explains to the newly arrived Clary. I, however, was already well debriefed.

"It's no use just tracking the dead bodies." I voice, "With his ability to dematerialise, he could be anywhere."

"Maybe we can help."

"Izzy!" Clary squeals, practically pouncing on her as my muscles tense involuntarily, "We've been so worried about you! Where have you been?"

Izzy's eyes send a quick, furtive glance in Alec and I's direction before turning back to Clary, "Looking for Azazel."

Right, I forgot.

With all the hectic events of yesterday, the true reason behind Izzy's yin-fen comedown disappearance was kept secret. I didn't know how Alec had explained it away to the others but somehow he did.

"Okay?" Alec whispers into my ear, his hand finding mine, "You're tense."

"I'm fine" I murmur back, forcing myself to let go of the tension

"It's Izzy" Alec notes, not needing to guess - he was right, of course. I hadn't seen her since Magnus and I had arrived at Raphael's to find Izzy cowering on the couch whilst her brother beat the hell out of him.

"This is Sebastian Verlac, from the London Institute" Izzy's voice interrupts our silent stare off and I drag my eyes, somewhat unwillingly, to the newcomer - tall, blond, runed, blue-eyed...all in all pretty attractive, "When the demon came after me, Sebastian saved my life."

"Oh, I simply lent a hand" He corrects with an accent so smooth even I was fluttering a little

"Sebastian's an expert on all things Azazel." Izzy explains

"When I studied abroad at the Paris Institute, I specialised in Greater Demons." Sebastian finishes

"Thanks for saving my sister" Alec greets, hand outstretched, "I'm Alec."

"Hey. Yeah, thank you." Jace praises in relief, taking over the handshake from Alec, "I'm Jace."

"The great warrior in the flesh. Your reputation precedes you" Sebastian says, shaking Jace's hand enthusiastically...before turning to me, "As does yours. You must be Camille, Valentine's eldest daughter."