{𝕷𝖆𝖇 𝕽𝖆𝖙}

"You wanted to see us?" Jace questions as he, Clary and I enter the Inquisitor's office

"Yes." she responds, "I told you I would decide what was next for you once Azazel was vanquished, so here we are."

"You can do whatever you want with me" Jace speaks quickly, "But leave Clary and Camille out of this."

"Well, that's hardly possible" Inquisitor Herondale rebuts, "The Clave wants to have you all tested, to get a greater understanding of your unique angel blood abilities."

"But I'm just a-"

"A mundani?" the Inquisitor interrupts me, "I think not. Whilst captured, we have managed to extract some important information from Valentine, including the fact that he experimented on you and forced you to drink from the Mortal Cup, making you a Shadowhunter. As for your abilities, did you really think the Iron Sisters would not inform us of your gold runic markings and the Heavenly Waters?"

"Huh" I scoff, "Should've figure they'd rat me out."

"'Rat you out?'" she echoes, "Why would our knowing of your status be of any harm to you? If anything, it makes you more worthy of being here, now that you are no longer mundane."

"Well, in all fairness, I haven't had the greatest impression of The Clave. You seem to want to exterminate the things that are new to you just because you don't understand them."

"Whatever your opinions may be, Miss Fairchild, do we look like we are trying to exterminate the three of you?"

"No, you're just giving us the opportunity to be lab rats" Jace interjects, "Which, I think we'll pass on."

"No, guys, I wanna do this" Clary speaks and I give her a 'you're-fucking-joking-right?' stare, "I haven't been able to use my runes since we summoned Azazel. I...I wanna understand why."

"Thank you, Miss Morgenstern" Inquisitor Herondale nods, leaning forward on the desk, "Your willingness to put your own comfort aside for the greater good is to be commended. The two of you would do well to follow her example."

"I'm not a follower" Jace smirks

"I'll do the testing on my own. When do we start?" Clary demands and it's then that I realise she really isn't my little baby sister anymore but her own person - strong, self-sacrificing, brave...but that doesn't mean she doesn't still need guidance.

"Oh for the love of-Fine." I mutter, "I'll do it, too."

"Guys" Jace whispers, turning his back to our audience, "You don't know the Clave like I do. First, they'll just want you doing circus tricks. The next thing you know you'll be monitored 24/7."

"I'll do whatever it takes" Clary speaks up, loud enough for the Inquisitor to hear

"And that's why I will also do whatever it takes" I say to Jace, "I'm not letting her do this alone."

"Jace, it's okay if you don't wanna do this" Clary sighs, turning to face him again, "But drawing those runes...For the first time, I felt like there was a reason I became a Shadowhunter. I need to get them back."

"And I'd be lying if I said I didn't wanna know what all my weird quirks are all about" I chime in

"I guess it's your lucky day" Jace says, turning to face the Inquisitor

"Glad to hear it" Inquisitor Herondale nods, unable to hide the tiniest gleam of satisfaction in her eyes, "However, Miss Fairchild, we will not require your services today...from what we've heard about your abilities, your training is more likely to be one-on-one. However, right now, there has been a commotion in Valentine's cell, we'd like you, as someone close to Magnus Bane, to handle it."