{𝕽𝖔𝖘𝖊-𝕿𝖎𝖓𝖙 𝕹𝖔 𝕸𝖔𝖗𝖊}

"So you found her" I announce, striding down the dark, narrow alleyway to face Clary and Cleophas.

Clary had called me after she'd apparently tazed Luke to save her from being turned into the Clave and though she trusted Cleophas in a way - she trusted me a hell of a lot more.

"Camille, so glad you could join us" Cleophas smiles

"Where are we going exactly?" Clary cuts in

"We're close"

"You realise by going against Valentine, you're risking your life?"

"She's right" I agree, "He'll never forgive you for this."

"I have to make amends."

Before anyone could comment on that cryptic message, the head-splitting migraine from earlier swooped in again, only this time 10x stronger, the screaming louder, distorted and echoing. I scream aloud, dropping to my knees and can only just make out Clary doing the same.

"Girls! What is it? What's wrong?" Cleophas questions, genuine concern on her face but, apparently, that doesn't seem to fool Clary because she whirls on her, serving a swift roundhouse kick to the chest before grabbing her by the throat.

"What are you doing to me?" Clary growls, glancing at me, still on my knees, trying with all my might to listen to them over the pain and screaming, "To us?"

"Let go!"

"The sound in my head" Clary speaks shakily, "It's coming from Valentine, isn't it?"

"You hear it, too?" I manage to gasp through the torment

"Yes" Clary gasps, and I understand why, the sound had just grown louder, now I couldn't hear anything but the yells of the man and that ridiculously deafening ringing

Eventually, the yelling stops as quickly as it came and I exhale loudly, bracing myself on all fours on the ground, breathing shakily.

"What...is he doing to us?" I pant, "What does Valentine want?"

"It's not Valentine" Cleophas cries, her voice horrified, "Didn't you hear me?"

"No, I was a little too focused on the screaming in my head!"

"It was an angel, he was crying out for help. He's here, on Earth, captured...in pain"

"Okay, well, does he have to hurt me too?" I breathe

"Why did you fall like that?" Clary asks me, "I can feel it too but I could still hear."

"I don't know...it seemed so loud"

"Yeah, kind of like a speaker on full blast"

"No, more than that" I shake my head, "It was as if he were standing right beside me, screaming directly into my ear through a loudspeaker. It was deafening."

"You must feel it stronger than she" Cleophas surmises, still seemingly traumatised, "Remember what I told you, about the heavenly waters?"

"What about them?" Clary questions and I groan. So much for keeping it to myself.

"Cleophas told me that the only known reason for the heavenly waters to turn gold was only mentioned in the history books when the angel, Ithuriel, came down from the heavens and entered the heavenly waters. He's the only one in history who's brought forth a gold shine to the waters...until me"

"So..." Clary gapes, "Are you a full angel or something? I mean, it would explain a lot..."

Her eyes flicker to my arm, where several, gold runes lay concealed under the long sleeve of my shirt.

"No, it's impossible" Cleophas rejects, "If she were a full angel she would not be down here with the humans, she'd be ascended to the heavens. Besides, an angel cannot lost too long on Earth, that's why this Angel is crying for help. He's been here too long, become weak and frail. His cry is so full of pain..."

"You said angels were rare" Clary interjects, "That no one has even seen one."

"It's unheard of. Iron Sisters hear the angels whisper when we're forging our weapons, but even we've never seen one. Not since the rare moment from the history books, like I told you but to communicate with one...you both must be blessed by the angels."

We both scoff at that, rolling our eyes.

"Girls...you are blessed"

"No more lies, Cleophas!" Clary barks, "We know you're working for Valentine."

"You killed Magdalena, didn't you?" I realise and Cleophas breaks into tears again, running silently down her cheeks - a silent confession

"I loved Magdalena" Cleophas sniffles, "I thought Valentine...I thought his way was the only way to make the world a better place. A safer place. No matter what sacrifices had to be made but...harming an angel, holding him captive...That goes against everything we believe in."

"Oh and you're just realising this now?" I growl, "Some Iron Sister you are...or, were..."

"What, so harming an angel is going against everything we believe in but killing Downworlders doesn't?" Clary sneers

"You don't understand" Cleophas utters, sounding defeated, "An angel is...pure goodness. They're the embodiment of what Shadowhunters stand for. If Valentine's harming an Angel, then everything we love will be destroyed"

"Luke was right. You are not a Shadowhunter. You are a traitor! You're the Clave's problem now."

Clary grips Cleophas' arm harshly but Cleophas protests profusely, offering to take us to Valentine, to free the angel.

"Then I'll turn myself in."

"Why help us now?" I interrogate

"Don't you see the storm coming? If Valentine has the angel and a bolt of lightning..."

"He can activate the Soul Sword"

No more words need to be exchanged as we race down the alleyway. A large, black car with police lights careens in front of us, blocking our path and Luke and Jace emerge from it, Luke with a gun pointed at Cleophas.

Nice to know Jace finally showed up.

"Cleo, you hurt her, I'll drop you where you stand!" Luke warns

"Wait, no!" I scream, jumping in the line of fire

"Get out of the way!" Jace demands

"Luke, don't!" I repeat, "We need her."

****

short chapter, i appologise.

how you guys enjoying book 2?