{𝖂𝖔𝖗𝖗𝖞, 𝖂𝖔𝖗𝖗𝖞, 𝖂𝖔𝖗𝖗𝖞}

"Cami?" Alec's voice echoes through to me from the bedroom and I turn away from the kitchen counter in time to see him emerge, regretfully slipping a shirt on as he makes his way toward me.

Head of the Institute had proven to provide many benefits, including a kind of penthouse suite - gone were the shared kitchens and communal spaces and instead we had an entire apartment to ourselves on the top floor of the Institute, complete with kitchen, bathroom, living room, bedroom - even a guest bedroom.

"Morning" I greet him, lazily smiling up at him and pressing a kiss to his lips

"You know, this is the fourth morning in a row I've woken up to an empty bed. Not tired?"

On the contrary, I was exhausted and not just physically but mentally. The situation with Jace, Clary and Simon was at a stalemate, not getting any worse but not progressing either. Simon was hurt and wouldn't speak to Clary, Clary was in denial and desperately trying to remedy her guilt by contacting Simon and apologising profusely and Jace...Jace was the only one who was pushing things and if it weren't for the cautionary words of Izzy, Alec and I, I had no doubts he would be pursuing her.

He'd felt the sincerity of the kiss and knew she'd felt it too but she wasn't ready to completely accept that. Even after our night of crying and hugging, she refused to talk about how she felt about any of it - except for the guilt over Simon.

"No, I'm tired, but-"

"But you're worrying too much" Alec finishes and I smile softly. He knew me well - too well, sometimes, "Cami, I really wish you wouldn't-"

"Worry so much" I finish for him, smiling teasingly - I knew him just as well, "I know but I can't help it. Magnus has been so off lately, Clary's in denial, Simon won't speak to either of us, Jace is a hair's breadth away from pushing Clary too far and you still have to decide what to do about Luke."

Ah, Luke. Another thing I had to worry about.

At Alec's summit meeting with the Downworlders, Luke had decided to take justice into his own hands and attempted to assassinate my father, Valentine, and though I certainly wouldn't miss him, the situation had landed him in some hot water with the Clave - or, at least, it will if Alec decides to report it.

"Have you decided what you're gonna do about that?"

"I'm torn" Alec admits, "If I don't tell the Clave, I'd be in violation and if they found out, I could be deruned and just..."

"Well, whatever you decide...you know I'll stand by you" I assure him, taking his hands in mine, "Even if it means Luke gets in trouble. I love him, I care about him but you...you're more important to me."

I felt guilt course through me with the words, but it was true. Wrong or not, it was the absolute truth and I couldn't lie to myself or to him just to make myself feel better.

"I love you" Alec breathes, pressing a kiss to my wrist, "As for your worries, maybe you could settle them with Magnus. You should go see him."

"But the debriefing-"

"Cami, you need to focus on you. If you're not up to full strength, it'll hinder future missions and you could get hurt. I could always just debrief you now and you can join us for the mission later?"

"What exactly do you mean by 'debrief'" I smirk slyly

"What do you-oh, no you don't" Alec laughs as my hands snake around his waist, "Not right now. Didn't you get enough last night?"

"I don't think I'll ever get enough of you" I shrug

"Well, I meant a real debriefing - do you want me to give you the information now or later?"