{𝕻𝖆𝖗𝖙𝖞 𝕱𝖆𝖛𝖔𝖚𝖗, 𝕬𝖓𝖞𝖔𝖓𝖊?}

Magnus had certainly done an amazing job and now I explicitly knew why everyone loved his parties.

He'd decided to celebrate the Spanish heritage of the Lightwood family with a Spanish themed party - Spanish decorations, adorning red and gold detailing all throughout the room, empañadillas and sangria and Spanish music. It was beautiful.

"Well, that's new" Alec chuckled from beside me and I turned to face what he was looking at. Simon and Clary, hand in hand...

"Finally!" I groaned, sipping my sangria, "I thought he'd never grow a pair"

"You knew?"

"Oh, and you didn't?" I scoff and he gave me a 'fair enough' look, "It was so obvious to everyone but her."

"Speaking of obvious...you look beautiful"

"How is that 'speaking of obvious'?" I chuckle, "That doesn't even make sense."

"Well, because it's so obvious how beautiful you are tonight and apparently, it's noticeable to everyone but you"

"Woooow" I draw out the syllable, rolling my eyes but smiling nonetheless as I loop an arm a round his neck, leaning backwards slightly to face him, my drink in the other hand, "You are so corny"

Alec responded with your favourite smirk, the cheeky and adoring one, the one only you brought out, the one only you got to see.

"I'm worried the empañadillas are soggy" Magnus had suddenly sprung up behind us, ruining the moment, "I gave the chef specific directions-"

"Magnus" Alec cut him off, chuckling, "Everything is perfect. Thank you for doing this."

"I'm all for petty revenge" Magnus winks, "And true love"

Max and Maryse had arrived and I watched Magnus straighten his lapels nervously.

"Don't worry, they're going to love it"

"Max!" Alex greeted him warmly before serenely turning to his mom, "Mother"

"I heard you like to drink" Maryse smiles politely, offering up a large bottle of some kind of liquor to Magnus. The way she said it was polite but the message behind it was rude.

Good old Maryse.

"Welcome Maryse" Magnus chuckles nervously before bending a little lower to adsress Max, "Max, this is your night..."

He gestured to the Spanish themed hubbub and Max seemed delighted. That's 1/2 at least.

"You do have exotic taste, don't you?" Maryse critiques

"Oh, the Spanish theme is in honour of you and your husband" I explain

"Really?" Maryse exhales, her polite facade slipping, "How so?"

"Alec told me that Robert proposed to you in Barcelona. I felt that a joyous memory should be celebrated so I asked Magnus if we could infuse the party with some Spanish culture. He delivered as always"

"How sweet that Alec feels comfortable sharing our personal family stories with you" Maryse snapped, "Especially considering your...disparate backgrounds"

"How about a drink?" Magnus interrupts, attempting to diffuse the tension, "A sangria for the lady and a Roy Rogers for the guest of honour."

With that, Magnus swooped off quickly and, in the corner of my eye, I could see he was rushing Maia, the werewolf bartender from the Hunter's Moon for quicker service.

This night could not go fast enough.

***

"Hey, where have you been?" I asked, entering the outdoor patio to see Alec. Jace and Maryse had just pushed past me only a moment ago, neither looked happy