{𝕬 𝕯𝖊𝖆𝖙𝖍 𝖎𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝕱𝖆𝖒𝖎𝖑𝖞}

"There's over 50 of them now, with numbers increasing" Izzy announces, turning from a monitor.

"They haven't attacked once" Alec muses, looking to me, "What are they doing?"

"Sorry, I don't know" I shrug, "All I know is demon's, especially these ones, aren't really the sightseeing type. We need to find the rift where they're coming from and..."

I trail off when I realise exactly what's going to be required to get these demons out of New York.

Crap.

"Seal it" Alec finishes, "We'll need a warlock for that."

"I know" I sigh, "But Alec, it can't be Magnus. He's so mad at me..."

"We need Magnus, Cami" Izzy sighs, "This isn't going to easy, even with him."

"I know that but Magnus is not interested in helping Shadowhunters. He's said so himself."

"He still also thinks the Seelie Queen's on their side. He needs to know about the deal she made with Valentine."

"I know, I know, you're right...I'll go now" I sigh, pushing off the recently repaired monitor table and heading for the door.

This was not gonna go over well.

***

The rapid bangs echoing across the deserted hall fo Magnus' apartment block was daunting, like ringing a bell on my own death gong.

Who knew knocking on a door could feel so dooming?

The door opens and Magnus eyes meet mine for only a second before they continue past as if I weren't even there, humming to himself.

"Magnus" I sigh, a foot in the door to keep him from closing it.

"What do you want, Shadowhunter?" he sighs, "Is it about the demons?"

"There's something you need to know about the Queen."

"Is it about the deal she made with Valentine?" Magnus ponders, inspecting his nails, "Because, contrary to popular belief, I am actually entitled to know the truth."

"Magnus, Izzy has located the rift the demons are coming from" I continue, ignoring the jibe.

"Oh and you want me to seal it. What a surprise!"

"We need a warlock to seal one this severe."

"Duh."

"The demons don't discriminate between Downworlder, Shadowhunter and mundane. They will kill them all. And Magnus...they're asmodei."

The spark of recognition in horror in his eyes in unhide-able and he straighten slightly, "I'll seal the rift, but not for you or for the Shadowhunters, because it'll save lives."

I open my mouth to thank him, to agree but the door is already swinging closed in my face.

***

"I just spoke to Imogen" Izzy informs Alec, Magnus and I, "Despite her request, there have been no troop movements in and out of Alicante since. When she went to Malachi to see what the holdup was, she was told he'd left suddenly."

"So she believes Consul Malachi is actually a spy for Valentine?" Magnus inquires

"There's no other explanation."

"Jace and Clary are in Lake Lyn with Valentine, who knows how many Circle members and no military support" I breathe, "We have to go help them."

"I can't leave when the City's under assault" Alec sighs, "But you can, you should go."