ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 5

~third person pov~

nervousness took over chaerin as she realized everyone was staring at her as she made her way to her class. just as she was about to go in she was stopped.

     "chaerin please stay out here and wait for my cue," said mr.han before he went inside.

     "everyone we have a new classmate! you guys probably remember her. she came here before she had to go overseas. please come in." he said. as the girl walked in all eyes were on her.

     "it's her, she's back! saebom high's goddess!"
     "woah, she's still stunning."

     before they could continue the girl spoke up not noticing that the boy at the back of the class was staring at her.

     "hello everyone! it's nice to be back. i hope everything will remain the same and i hope we can all get along!" the girl said before looking around and meeting eyes with a particular guy.

     a mix of emotions ran through each of their bodies and as if it was something the girl always did she ran to him.

     "lee suho, oh how i've missed you." said the petite girl and before he had a chance to say anything back he felt arms around him. chaerin was hugging him. everyone was in awe, especially the girl at the front of the class.

     for a while he stood there debating if he should hug back as he had an image to maintain but soon he gave into it.

     jealousy ran through jugyeong's body as she observed the pair that was hugging but she soon pushed it aside as she realized they were probably nothing more than friends in his mind.

     "how come he's actually letting a girl hug him?" jugyeong questioned.

     "that's because she's isn't just any girl. she's his best friend. the one and only girl he's ever showed affection towards. even i wouldn't be able to compare to her," responded soojin.

sua continued the story, "before you arrived they were the closest pair of friends, know as the incredible duo of saebom high. they went everywhere together and they were both the top of the class. rumor has it that they were originally 4 in total, one of them being seojun but their friendship went to pieces after a while."

jugyeong was left in shock but soon snapped out of it as she watched chaerin and suho break their hug. she felt a sense of relief and she noticed suho threw her a small smile.

on the other hand there was chaerin who was confused as to who jugyeong was and how she managed to get on suho's good side. soon she pushed those thoughts aside as her teacher began his lesson.

——

     before she could leave class suho grabbed chaerin's hand and pulled her all the way to the rooftop where he once again gave her another hug.

this hug felt different to the one earlier. it made chaerin feel loved, warm, missed and happy. soon suho pulled away and he looked into her eyes.

"i missed you chaerin. why did you leave me so suddenly?" the boy asked. hearing these word come out of the boy's mouth made her feel some type of way in her stomach, as though it was only him and her in this world.

"i missed you too suho. trust me, i wanted to stay but my mom had other plans for me. san francisco was great although i much rather prefer korea." she responded with i wide smile on her face.

after spending their lunch time together catching up on everything they missed from each other's lives they walked back to class. once again all the attention was on them. to the students it was weird seeing them back together as if nothing happened.

this made jugyeong feel quite upset. a couple weeks ago everyone's attention was on her. although at times she didn't love it, it made her feel accepted.

now that chaerin was back, it was as though she wasn't important anymore. yes, she had only been here for a day but that day was enough to change everything.

as jugyeong recalled the conversation she had with seojun she became curious. had chaerin and seojun had an encounter yet?

as she was deep in thought she bumped into someone. as she was about to apologize she realized it was chaerin. next to her she met with suho's eyes that didn't look to pleased with the situation.

"ohh my god chaerin i'm so sorry," she said.
chaerin being the kind hearted girl she was accepted the apology and tried to converse with the girl.

"you're jugyeong right? you are so beautiful! would you mind if i joined you and your friends after school? i overheard you guys earlier and i am in desperate need of frien-" spoke chaerin before she was interrupted by a voice she hadn't heard in so long.

"kang chaerin. you're finally back and you didn't think of meeting with me?"