ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 29

~third person pov~

     as he made his way into the room to pack his things up, he saw something he wished he never saw.

there he saw seojun and chaerin laying in a bed together. the bed was clearly to small so he noticed seojun held her closely.

     he felt irritated and jealous because he wished to be seojun but he realized he could do nothing. he packed his things in a hurry, wishing he could leave this room and forget what he saw as soon as possible.

——

     as the following day had approached, chaerin woke up. the bed she was laying on had felt uncomfortable. as her eyes fluttered open, she was met with another pair of eyes.

     she jumped as she had not expected to see seojun staring right at her. as she hit the
ground she felt embarrassed.

     seojun rushed to the other side of the bed helping the girl out.

     "are you ok now?" he asked as he pulled her up.
     "yeah, thank you for yesterday. um i should probably head back home. they must be wondering where i am." said chaerin before exiting the room.

as she arrived at home she recalled the fact that she was supposed to meet up with suho and seoujun at the cemetery since they had both been released.

after hours of waiting she finally made her way there. as she arrived she saw suho and seojun standing in front of seyeon's cemetery.

as she walked up to them, she realized seojun was reading some type of letter and suho was rubbing his back. as she stood next to him, seojun passed her the note and she started reading it.

"dear suho, seojun and chaerin.
i wasn't going to write this because it felt so corny. i wasn't able to thank you guys when i won first place because i was busy crying. i'm writing a letter, hoping you guys won't feel upset. i always had a lonely life but thanks to you guys, the past three years of my life were filled with warmth. thanks to our time together, i was able to laugh a lot. gain more confidence and finally achieve my dream. today is the best day of my life and i will always remember you guys were here with me. my precious friends, i love you guys. i know i'll feel embarrassed if you guys reas this letter, so i hope you never find it.
from seyeon."

as she finished reading the letter, her legs gave up on her. she felt the same pain she
felt when she found out about seyeon.

she never imagined her best friend would
leave her. she let out tears that she had been holding in for the longest time.

as suho and seojun helped her up they soon wrapped their arms around her. their group hug lasted for a while until chaerin had
stopped crying. they found a small bench to sit on and seojun spoke up.

"do you know what seyeon said the day we bought this?"
"he hoped our friendship would last forever." said chaerin
"i told him to stop being so childish."
"yes, you did." said suho as he smiled at the small memory.
"back then i took it for granted. so i thought we'd always be together forever, but who knew he would die so quickly?" he asked
     "i know. it really didn't last long." replied suho

     "i wasn't there for him when he was having a hard time and i regret it so much but he's no longer around. so i ended up
taking it out on you because it made me
feel better. i was so caught up with how hurt i was that i didn't know you were hurting inside as well and i'm sorry." said
seojun as he directed the last part to suho.

     "what's the matter with us?" asked
chaerin.

     after a while of sitting in comfortable silence the trio decided to go up a bit and find a different bench to sit on.

seojun and suho were talking but chaerin was spacing out. that was until she heard seojun complain about a cigarette that landed on his foot.

     "are you talking to me?" she heard the man in the van ask as the car stopped and he got out.
     "did you just throw this cigarette bud at us? what kind of a gangster are you?"asked seojun.
     "look at this kid. he just called us gangsters." scoffed the man. all of a sudden a bunch of other people hopped out the car.

that's when the trio knew they were fucked.

     "who is this kid?"
"look at those kids."
"what's your deal." they all said at the same time.

"hey kid, come here." said the guy that had originally thrown the cigarette. he watched as seojun took his hand out his pocket and was about to start walking towards him. that was until chaerin held him back and she stood up.

"guys, run." she said.

seojun wasted no time in running awaybut then he ran back to the duo as he realized suho couldn't walk and chaerin couldn't carry him.

as seojun threw a crutch at the guys, he squat down a bit to have suho climb on his back. as the trio ran down the hill chaerin pointed to her left and they all ran that way.

seojun started slowing down a bit as suho was to heavy to be running with. as the other group caught up with them, the trio lost their balance and fell into a pile of poop.

the group of gangsters complained about the smell and soon enough they left. the trio was frozen and didn't know what to do until chaerin spoke up.

"holy shit we smell so bad."