ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 48

~third person pov~

"i'm sorry but let's break up," said chaerin as she looked straight into his eyes while wiping her tears from her cheeks.
"you're really doing it? unbelievable!" yelled minho as he put his hands in his hair out of pure frustration.
"you asked and i answered! leave! all of you leave!" yelled chaerin as she pointed towards the door.

all five of them stood in silenced until someone finally started walking.

"goodbye chaerin," said minho as he walked towards the door and slammed it shut as he walked out.

mark and ryujin were debating if they should leave. the situation went by so fast they didn't have enough time to process it.

mark chased after his best friend hoping that he could convince him to talk things out with chaerin in a much more mature way.

ryujin didn't leave but started walking towards the kitchen as she sat down on a chair. she was panning in waiting until her best friend was ready to talk about everything.

meanwhile seojun didn't leave. he stayed in the same position he had been in since earlier.

"chaerin, why did you brea-" said seojun as he started speaking before he was cut off by the crying girl.
"stop it seojun. you know damn well why i broke up with him. you heard what he asked and i'm sure by now you know what it means. just leave, please."

"no, i'm not going to leave until we talk about us chaerin. you were gone for two years chaerin! two years! for two years i wondered where you were. if you were ok. if you were happ and now you came back. you broke up with your boyfriend over a question about me! what does that mean chaerin? would you really become my girlfriend if i asked?" said seojun before pulling her closer and wrapping his arm around her waist while caressing her face.

"you know what? yes, yes i would! i would love to be your girlfriend but i just hurt the one person who was there with me through everything! minho was the first person who came to look for me when jugyeongs pictures were released because he trusted me! no one else did! he even went to the us with me! i just can't be with you until i fix things with him. i'm sorry seojun but please understand. i don't want to lose a great friend for something so stupid. not again," replied chaerin as she slowly led him towards the front door.

     as chaerin made her way back to her room, she walked passed the kitchen and realize someone was still there.

     "ryujin, you're still here?" she asked.
     "yeah, i wouldn't be able to leave you alone. you probably need to vent to someone and i'm here for you. i won't judge," replied ryujin as she walked up to chaerin and engulfed her into a tight hug.

     as the pair walked back into chaerins room, they layed in her bed and started at the ceiling.

     "so what are you gonna do?" asked ryujin.
     "trust me, i really do love minho but i feel the same way for seojun. i know i hurt minho and i should talk things out with him before i decide what i want with seojun but for now i just want to rest. today has been quite eventful and a girl needs her beauty sleep!" replied chaerin as she slowly got under her bed sheets.
     "you don't need beauty sleep when you look so ugly already!" said ryujin as she laughed at her joke.
     "i hate you!" yelled chaerin as she softly shoved ryujin and turned to her side.
     "goodnight."

——

     days had gone by and chaerin hadn't heard anything from minho. part of her believed that he would contact her soon but another part of her felt like he wouldn't look for her.

     she had spaced out so much that she only came back to her senses when someone spoke to her.

     "chaerin? what are you doing here?"
     "unnie! you're awake! oh god i have to tell the doctors! oh god i'm so glad you woke up, i have a lot to tell you!" said chaerin as she ran out the room to get a doctor.

     after a quick check up, the doctors had said that seulgi was okay but she needed to stay hospitalized for a couple more days.

     chaerin updated her on everything that had happened in the past two years till the present day.

     "so what are you going to do?" asked seulgi.
     "like i said, i don't know. i'll just wait and see where life takes me but i really do want to fix things with minho. now, enough about me. how have you been doing?" she asked as she placed her chin on her hand.