ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 40

~third person pov~

days had gone by and somehow no one had realized chaerin was missing. multiple people had pushed it to the side as they thought she was probably just sick.

as of now jugyeong and suho were still the talk of the school. on a regular tuesday morning, soojin had walked into school. students all around watched as she walked by and began whispering about her.

soojin had ran into jugyeong outside of class. they met with each others eyes, yet soojin chose to walk away as if nothing happened.

when she walked in, she heard her classmates start to gossip about her. soojin felt panicked as she overheard some conversations and went onto her phone.

once she had opened her phone she saw a post that had exposed her and chaerin of finding the pictures but made soojin seem more evil as she was the one who had posted them and chaerin only found them.

"oh my gosh."
"how could the do that?"
"they're terrible. i totally misjudged them."
"they did it just cause of a guy?"
"i feel sorry for jugyeong."
"where is chaerin?"
"she should be held accountable too."

things like these are all soojin heard around her. she couldn't take it any longer and she ran out the classroom. jugyeong wanting to make up with soojin ran out too.

"soojin where are you going?" asked jugyeong as she held the other girl by her wrists.
"why are you running away?" she asked as she held on even tighter not wanting soojin to leave.

the girls stood in silence for a while until jugyeong spoke up again.
"do you still have nothing to say to me? don't you feel bad at all?"
"no. i don't feel bad.
"still, i don't want to loose you like this. so i want to reach out to you one last time because i don't want to regret it later. soojin, let's not do this." said jugyeong as she took the girls hand hoping it would change something.

"do you think i'll take your hand? do you believe we can go back to the way we were?" asked soojin before pulling her hand away and walking away, leaving jugyeong stamding all by herself.

jugyeong recaed all the moments soojin, sua, chaerin and herself had spent together, wishing she could go back in time to when they got along. from the time they had just met to the time they tried buying beer.

meanwhile soojin was stuck crying behind a bush, she had finally realized how much she had caused for jugyeong and hated herself for it. this was the end for her too.

——

seojun had finally made up his mind and decided to go clear things up with chaerin. he loved the girl to death and he was planning on telling her that today.

as his taxi pulled up in front of her house, he suddenly grew nervous. he was worried that chaerin would reject him but he was also confident as he knew that chaerin could possibly become his girlfriend tonight.

after multiple minutes had passed by, seojun finally grew the balls to ring the doorbell. he waited for a while until the door finally opened.

although the kang who opened the door wasn't the one he wanted to see.

"noona?" he asked.
"seojun! it's been so long since i last saw
you! come in!" said seulgi as she motioned him to come inside.

seulgi sat him down on the black leather couch. they say in comfortable silence until the girl finally chose to speak up.

"so what are you doing here?" she asked of pure curiosity as she has thought seojun knew chaerin was gone.
"i came to see chaerin. you see she admitted something to me and i didn't know how to react so i distanced myself from her for a while but now i have something to tell her." he casually responded.
"didn't chaerin tell you that sh-" started seulgi but was cut off due to the fact that seojun's phone started ringing.
"sorry, do you mind if i answer this?"
"no, go for it," replied seulgi as she smiled a but.

"hello?"
"seojun are you with suho right now?"
"no, i'm at chaerins house." he replied.
"find him as soon as you can, his father is in surgery for brain hemorrhage."
"ok, i'll tell him." said seojun as he hung up.

he packed his things in a rush. he felt worried for suho, although he knew he never got along with his dad he should still know. the problem was that he wasn't picking his phone up.

"noona, i have to go. tell chaerin to meet me as soon as she can." he said before making his way towards the door.
"seojun, about that. chaerin isn't here anymore." said seulgi as she got a hold of the younger males wrist.
"what do you mean she's not here anymore?" he asked, worry running through his body.
"i mean that she gone. she left korea."
"she's gone?" he asked with tears threatening to come out his eyes.
"yeah."

and just like that the boys heart broke in half.