ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 47

~third person pov~

minho had exited the hospital room in a bad mood. as much as he loved chaerin he couldn't help but feel jealous about the way she looked at seojun.

     she might not have wanted to admit it but he knew part of her feelings for seojun were still there. he hated that he was able to see it.

     "god damn!" he yelled as he punched the wall next to him. he felt frustrated as he knew how hard it was for her to try and move on from everything. being back in korea would frustrate chaerin and she wouldn't be able to handle it.

     everything was a chance that everything would go back to the way they were two years ago. he walked into the cafe where ryujin and mark were currently sitting.

"bro are you okay?" asked mark in concern for his best friend.
"we saw the way you looked at seojun back there. you need to calm down. i'm sure she would choose you over him. you have always been there for her and he hasn't so you have an advantage." said ryujin as she tried reassuring the male.
"i hope she does choose me over him."

——

hours had gone by and the trio was still sitting in the cafe. somehow the depressing mood had gotten better. they were laughing and having fun until minho spoke up.

"guys we should probably get back to chaerin's house. it's late."
"aren't you gonna tell her we're leaving?" asked mark.
"she texted me earlier. she said she was in her way home and that we could arrive whenever we wanted." replied minho as he showed them the text.
"oh, i'll have the driver come pick us up," replied mark as he wrapped his arms around ryujin.

as the trio made their way outside the hospital and into the limo they all grew tired. it had been a long and complicated day.

if only they knew that something bigger was waiting for them at home.

as they had finally arrived at chaerin's house, they stepped out the vehicle and admired her house.

"holy shit, this is bigger than my house and marks combined!" gasped ryujin as her jaw dropped and her hand covered her mouth.
"damn bro, you got yourself a rich bitch!" said mark as he laughed at his small joke.
"don't call her that mark!" yelled minho as he slapped the youngest back head.

as the maid opened the door for them, they stepped inside once again being shocked at how big it was.

they were wondering around for a while until ryujin heard someone talking.

"guys over here!" she whisper shouted.

as the guys heard her, they ran in her direction. they had gotten prepared to scare chaerin until they heard another voice speak up and it wasn't a feminine one.

     "he wouldn't pick up when we called and at one point we just stopped trying. i'm sure his father is okay now but that's as much as i know."
"you know, i still carry that guilt. i still feel like it's my fault she got exposed. i found the pictures and all but i ran away. i didn't even tell you i left. what's even worse is that i purposely ignored you. i'm so sorry seojun but i just wanted to avoid my life in korea. i found great friends in the us and even got a boyfriend. i moved on but when you called me everything including my feelings came back to me in a rush and i hate it. i don't know how to feel anymore. i just want to run away and never come back,"

when they all heard chaerin say that they all had mixed emotions. chaerin had told them what she had done and it was hard for them to believe such an innocent looking girl could do so much out of jealousy.

hearing her admit that part of her was regaining feelings for seojun broke minho's heart.

"kang chaerin what does this mean?" asked minho while his hands were slowly staring to form into fists.
     "oh my god," said ryujin as she dropped the phone that was in her hands.
     "oh shit," exclaimed mark as his hand covered his mouth.
     "guys i can explain!" said chaerin as she stood up from her bed in panic.

"i should've never came here. my life was better before seojun got involved again. chaerin you know how hard it was for you to get over him! you spent days crying nonstop over him but you got better! you became more happy and now you're throwing it all away!" yelled minho out of frustration.

when seojun had heard minho say how much it took for chaerin to get over him, his heart broke. he never intended to hurt her. he just wanted to love her and maker her his but when she left his plan came crumbling to pieces.

"cha minho! i know how much it took for me to get over him but he was my first love! he always had a special place in my heart but so do you! i love you too and i love what we have. i don't want to end it but i'm just so confused and frustrated with all this!" yelled chaerin in response.

"even so, you think it would all be ok if you told him that face to face! if we hadn't said anything who knows what would have happened! you guys were practically on each other already! it's clear that you've never loved me as much as you loved him," minho yelled as he quietly whispered the last part.

"minho calm down, don't make this a bigger deal than it already is. give chaerin some space and let her think things through," replied seojun as he felt uncomfortable with the situation they had created.

"no. you of all people don't get to tell me what to do. i know you still have feelings. for chaerin. if you didn't you wouldn't even be here right not. you wouldn't be interfering with our relationship! it's all your fault han seojun! get out before i do something i'll regret!" yelled minho as he pointed towards the door way.

"minho stop it please! he has nothing to do with this. yes, i am starting to have feelings for him again but that doesn't mean i'll stop having them for you! please just stop it," cried chaerin.

"are you sure it wouldn't affect us? chaerin let me ask you one thing. if you answer this with what i want to hear i'll leave you guys talking again but if you answer with what i don't want to here i'm out. i'm leaving this place for good, without you." he said before continuing.

"if han seojun told you he loved you, would you break up with me?" he asked with tears coming out his eyes.

minho really didn't want to do this but if this is what it took to see what he should do, than so be it.

his question left chaerin shocked for a moment and they all stood in silence. ryujin and mark hopped she would say no because it meant that they would be able to go back to normal but if she said yes, everything would go down hill.

chaerin stood there for a while and she was about to say no, but as she thought about it again now it was clear that there was only one male she wanted. although neither of them deserved to be hurt, chaerin knew that it was best for her to stop lying to herself and to everyone around her. so that is why she looked up to minho and said,

"i'm sorry but let's break up."