Thirty Five

"Daddy..." The word is mumbled as Addy presses his face into my neck, but it makes me feel just as warm as it always does hearing it tumble out of his mouth... Even if he is resisting getting his teeth brushed because he's sleepy and the fact that we were in the middle of a cuddle when I noticed him starting to drift off... And now my sweet Bean is trying to hide from me to try and get out of brushing his teeth even though I've already told him that I would do it for him... Well... Technically I asked if I could do it for him... But still... 

"Don't Daddy me. Come on out, Baby. Being pregnant does not excuse you from brushing your teeth." Even just having to say the words makes it hard not to chuckle, the sweet way he gets grumpy with me and lets me feel his pout in my shoulder making me hug him just a little bit closer while he sits perched on the bathroom counter still clinging to me as if I never set him down.   

"I-It does too... I'm the boss..." The words are a whimper we both know not even he believes, no matter how much he might want to take his sleepy butt back to bed. 

I know that he's feeling clingy, and needy... And that he just wants comfort at the moment... We both do... But that doesn't mean that I can go to sleep worrying that he'll end up with cavities from binging on sugar all night together and then heading to bed without scrubbing his mouth or rinsing with mouthwash just a little... "No... Daddy's the boss. He just lets you be in charge sometimes... You can be in charge in the morning when you're awake but right now you've got to sit up for me so I can brush your teeth, Honey Bun."

At first, all I get in return is a frustrated wiggle, his thighs clamping even tighter around my waist even tighter than they were before so I don't try and move away from him, even when he does manage to lift his sweet face up from the crook of my neck to sneakily place a kiss on my cheek as if that could somehow distract me or charm me enough to let him go back to bed without his mouth getting the royal treatment... It's cute but if I let him get away with it eventually our kids are going to get away with it and that is a whole lot of Dentist visits with kids who are naturally predispositioned to bite first and ask questions later as they try and gain control over their wolves... I know that the pack dentist will be more than prepared but I think we'd still end up feeling a bit guilty over him getting nipped... Especially if the kids take after me... 

I manage to catch my sweet Bean before he can dive back into his hiding spot, and it's all too cute how he wiggles and huffs for a minute before settling down and leaning against the wall for support while keeping his legs mostly around my waist to continue keeping me close as I reach for his toothbrush and the toothpaste, the bristles being wet both before and after the toothpaste gets put on it just the way he like it before I turn my attention back to him completely and ask as sweetly as I can for him to, "Open up please, Princess."

...

Adrian

... 

It's easier to give in and do what Dady asks me to than it is to continue to sit here and go back and forth with him, especially when deep down I know he's right... We just ate a lot of sugar and while it might be contributing to my crash... It's also a very good reason to make sure that my teeth get all minty fresh before we lay down for bed... 

As frustrating as it is to not be able to just go back to bed and lay down I know that it's important to take care of myself, especially right now with our baby on board in my belly... And oral hygiene is an important step in doing that... And right now, Daddy is more than happy to do it for me... His strange habits always endearing when he can't resist acting if he can act on them... I'd like to think him getting a kick out of brushing my teeth is just part of him being the sweet Daddy that I know he is... And it's an offer I don't think I'll ever really say no to... No matter how sleepy I am... 

The first few times we had done this it had felt a little strange having him do such a personal thing for me, but now when he askes me to open up it's barely even a thought in my head to do so... My lips fall open and with the greatest care Silas stands in front of me, his free hand cupping my jaw to keep me still for him so I don't move my head around when he moves the toothbrush... The minty coolness of the toothpaste hitting my tongue as Daddy gets to work taking care of my teeth just as gently and carefully as he takes care of the rest of me. 

It's always a bit strange sensation wise to feel my toothbrush moving about after my eyelids feel too heavy to keep themselves open, but it's always easy letting my chin rest in Silas's palm knowing that he'll tell me when it's time to rinse and spit and that I can relax knowing he'll get every tooth without fail just like he always does before asking me to spit before kissing me silly and carrying me back to bed where I know he'll hold me and keep me warm and that we'll be able to finish drifting off completely with no more interruptions with our book playing in the background... 

Last night was bad, but tonight... It's better.