Six

"Are you full, Princess?" As much as I already know the answer, I still feel the need to ask just to see if Addy wants to take a few more bites of his burger before we get up to leave, the waitress having brought over the check with the biggest smile on her face, and a to-go cup for my Sweetie so he can take his strange yet tasty sweet and tart milkshake with us, or rather... So he can finish what's left of it in the car with the same stunning smile that he's eaten his entire meal with... The smile that keeps making my mind go offline with how beautiful it is...

Which is exactly what I needed in order to start relaxing, my mind slowly coming to terms that even while we still need to be careful, my sweet Bean can at least be trusted not to choke himself on french fries and a burger... I only need to make sure that he's actually eating, and keeping his strength up because it might be a long four months for us and we don't know if the baby is going to end up a timber, or if they'll take after their sweet Mama... Even if they do, it's still Addy's first pregnancy, and as a runt, his first pregnancy would be high-risk anyhow... I... I just need to take things slow... We both do.  And that's okay. 

It's funny how a single smile from Addy can make everything okay again... How his little happy habits soothe me into believing that everything's going to be alright if we just take things slow and live in the moment one day at a time... And today... It should be a happy day. Yes, I should feel a bit nervous because we're about to become parents... But I know how to look after my Bean... And I need to not stress myself out over thinking of all the ways this could go wrong other than putting plans in place to keep them from going wrong... If I don't... Addy might notice and read my energy wrong...

The last thing I want is for him to think that I'm not excited about us starting our family... Because I am... I just want to make sure that we're doing it safely... And we will... Because when my Bean is stressed out I know... When he doesn't feel well he tells me...  There shouldn't be anything or anyone that can take me away from his side right now and I know nothing will ever get close to putting him or our little belly nugget in danger... It's just a matter of making sure that Addy is healthy and cared for and off his feet... Which if we're being honest... Isn't much of a change from doting on my little Sugar Snap the way I normally would. 

...

Adrian

...

I have to pull away from Silas's chest where I've tucked myself away to hide from our waitress because her smile was too big and it made my face red so I can l look up at my sweet Daddy with narrowed eyes and tell him what he already knows, "If I eat any more I won't have any room for ice cream and our Nugget is demanding ice cream... I've got to listen to them and so do you." 

I manage to let the words drop from my mouth completely deadpan, my face so serious that Daddy gets a little bit taken aback until I drop my eyes down and crack a smile, my sassiness rewarded with a kiss that nearly knocks me senseless while he chuckles against my lips, his own smile spreading wide against mine before he pulls away, his cheeks matching mine as we realize that we aren't the only ones smiling... Our waitress and one of the line cooks both leaning against the wall smiling at each other as they watch the two of us just be ourselves... A sight that not many pack members have really been able to see. 

As much as I would love to stick around and keep putting on a show I know Daddy has already vetoed bathroom sex because I already tried to ask him... So his wallet gets pulled out instead so he can pay the bill. My focus geared towards dumping my lemony milkshake into my to-go cup, Daddy shaking his head with an even wider smile when I use my straw to suck up the very last dregs when they pool in the bottom of my cup instead of coming out. 

He thinks I'm being cute... But really... It just is yummy... It tastes like the frozen lemonades that Grammy used to bring home for me when she knew I was having a rough day but didn't want to give me chocolate... It's something yummy... That makes me smile... And even though today is the exact opposite of a rough day... It's still something that has enhanced the joy I feel and to make it even better I can still get my chocolate fix with a big scoop of rocky road with fudge on top.

...

Silas

...

I don't have to wait for Addy to let me know he wants to get up, he simply stands with his drink in his hands, my body following his automatically so the two of us can stay just as close as we were sitting down, my arms adjusting themselves so that when he's ready he can turn so I can pick him up... His thighs giving me a squeeze when his legs find their way around my waist... 

I know that it isn't that far from our table to the truck... But in the truck, Addy can't be on my lap... So the extra affection that comes from me carrying him is very much welcome on both of our ends, and our tiny audience seems to think it's just as endearing as the way I had managed to fawn over my Nuggets at the table... 

If only they could hear what Addy whispers as we make our way out the door, the chime of the bell up top masking the start of his words from everyone but me, the rest of them said to a mostly empty parking lot "Daddy... With the baby being a Nugget... And me being a Nugget... If we count you as a Nugget... It makes us a three-piece Nugget. And if we have more kids we'll be a full meal! The next baby we should nickname French Fry."