Fourteen

"I-" There isn't enough words in this world for me to express just how much I love the man holding me, not that I would be able to get the words out anyhow with how frequently Silas's lips find themselves on mine, "D-Daddy, I-

Every time he pulls away and I try and get the words out of my mouth I never have enough time to actually say what's on my mind, the last car of the crew having pulled away just a few minutes ago, dinner having been ordered from my phone twenty minutes ago and due to be here any minute... Chocolate cake included... And all I've got is the space that lasts between breaths in order to squeeze a few audible sounds from my mouth and so far not enough of them have been actual words as Silas keeps me pinned so carefully against the front door... His mouth dipping down to nibble on my marks every second that they aren't working against my lips to drive me mad as he keeps my hands hostage on either side of my head as he leaves me no choice but to surrender to his tender affection..." D-Daddy..."

I need to know if he's okay... I need to know how he's feeling after having the day to process the fact that we're bringing a new life into the world... The way he kept stopping to come over and check on me this afternoon so frequent that Liam had told him more than once to just come over and join me on my blanket and just supervise instead of help because he really wasn't getting much done adorable, but unnecessary... But there isn't a chance for me to ask Daddy how he's feeling because he seems too interested in continuing what we had started earlier in the bedroom now that we're alone. 

...

Silas

...

I had only meant to lean in for a single kiss...

  A little peck...

But...

Somewhere between leaning in and his lips touching mine I somehow forgot that it was only supposed to be a little peck... And now I can't seem to learn how to exist outside of the feel of my beautiful mate's lips as he giggles and laughs at every nip of my teeth at the marks that broadcast to the entire world that he's mine... I can't get over how sweet he smells or how stunning he looks in the fading daylight as it spills in around us through the windows... 

All I want is to love on him and make him keep making such stunning noises... I want to keep hearing him moan for me and laughing every time I get a little too enthusiastic... We waited so long to be back home and be alone together and we still aren't getting as much time alone together we both had in mind... As much as we're both grateful for the help of the crew and the heavy lifting that comes with the magic that Casper and Quinn's mate bring when they show up some days it's hard to remember what it felt like to have entire mornings to ourselves doing nothing but touching each other freely and loving one and other as openly and passionately as was needed in whatever moment we found drawn to each other...

I know that having a baby will make those moments harder to come by... And it's not that I'm not ready to replace our peace and quiet with the sound of happy shrieking and tiny footsteps... Just that I'm suddenly aware that I should be cherishing each one that we come across even more than I have been... That I need to seize each and every moment and make sure that he knows just how much I love him... 

That I need to make sure that he knows that with every day that passes he gets more and more beautiful to me... That there isn't a moment that I don't look at him and see the center of my universe... That he makes me pause every fucking time because he is so perfect that I can't believe I was blessed with being his mate... That I was blessed with a mate so gentle and sweet and smart that it makes me want to be a better version of myself... He makes me want to make this house his dream home, and make sure that he and all of our kids feel welcome no matter what... No matter how old they are or if they end up with the timber gene... 

I know that I don't need to say the words verbally for my sweet ray of Sunshine to understand what I mean with each and every press of my lips against his skin... I know that he knows how I feel about him... How much I love him and how much I want this baby just as bad as he does... My only concern is that I want this pregnancy to be a safe one with no complications from my half of the baby's genes... There is still a lot for us to talk about... Some of it being nursery colors... Some of it being names... Some of it only going to come up if Addy starts having problems with the pregnancy like the baby taking more after me and being a bit on the bigger, heavier... Stronger... side... Or needing more nutrition than his body can keep up with... 

There is still so much to talk about... But at the moment... We can spare these few moments and just focus on the feel of our lips as they move against each other... And the warmth of our bodies as we forget where we are just long enough to be confused when the knock that comes from the other side of the door sounds so incredibly loud...

Both of us flushing just the tiniest bit red when we realize that if we can hear the delivery guy whistling under his breath on the other side of the door that he most likely heard the devastating moans that were just leaving my Princess's delicate lips... An extra few bills from my wallet now earmarked to join his tip to make up for the fact that this isn't the first time that he's had to hear the two of us going at it against the front door, though I'd have to note that this is actually probably the tamest of times that we've cut it too close to the food getting here before... The sweet and sour pork about to taste so much better taken in between samples of Adrian's lips in the bedroom with the fire going instead of at the table...