Seven

Adrian's giggles are absolutely one of the most precious sounds in the whole wide world... And the fact that they're spilling out of his mouth over the fact that he's overjoyed that our lunch date continued over into the icecream parlor after we picked up his new medications... 

It just makes them that much more special as they ring through my ears, my own ice cream slowly melting into a puddle of mush while I keep myself wrapped around my sweet Pumpkin, each spoonful of the creamy treat in front of him that he takes coming with a short burst of the giggles that are responsible for lighting up my whole world... 

I know I should be participating just a bit more... Maybe eating my own ice cream instead of just the bites that my stunning soulmate offers me instead of just thinking about the bottles of heavy-duty vitamins sitting out in the glove compartment in the truck just waiting for my Sunshine to start taking them so they can offer the supplemental nutrients he'll need in order to carry our Nugget safely...I just hope they don't end up being as big as his migraine pills because I don't think he finds them very easy to swallow and doing that every single day might be off-putting for him... Not that I think he would stop just because they aren't easy to swallow... Just that it won't be pleasant for him... 

...

Adrian

...

"Is it good, Princess?" Daddy whispers in my ear before giving me a kiss on the cheek that makes me lean into him and offer up another bite of my sundae so he can see for himself that it's just as delicious as it was three minutes ago when I last gave him a bite, my phone still clutched in one hand with one of the books I had been reading quietly to us between bites still pulled up... My spoon disappearing behind his lips with no hesitation as his body flexes around mine to try and pull me in a little bit closer, though I think it might be impossible with how we're sitting... Me in his lap as always, my butt deemed too precious to ever sit on a chair of all things in my silly Daddy's beautiful mind.

 I know Silas isn't fully present at the moment, but I know it's only because our happy news is finally settling in for him, his overprotectiveness easing just enough to let me be in charge of chewing my food without his supervision, but still present enough to make me feel giddy as he keeps one of his palms shoved under my shirt so he can hold my belly... The way his fingers keep flexing so gently over my skin reminding me each time that the two of us have made a teeny tiny little life... That I'm pregnant... 

I had thought maybe I would feel different... And I do... It was different acting on my heat when before I mostly tried to ignore it... It feels different to know that in a few months the odd sensation I'm already starting to feel in my belly will be a baby... That not only will Silas and I be sharing our lives together... But we'll also be sharing a child... The next Alpha in line to lead our pack... And the thought is so foreign in my mind that I can understand why he's distracted... Because while he's afraid that the baby will end up like him and that he'll end up like his father... I'm kind of afraid that the baby will take after me and be a runt... 

Not that I think Silas would ever reject our baby in the first place... Not even if they end up a runt just like their Mama... I just know that life can be a bit overwhelming when you're on the small side with big emotions and a caring nature... I don't want to have to raise our baby the way Grammy raised me... Wary of everyone and everything so I don't get taken advantage of kind of the same way Quinn gets taken advantage of and manipulated... I want my baby to know that it's okay to care and that they should care... But what if I can't break the cycle? What if I start doing it on accident? 

So... I get why my wonderful mate is worried... I just hope he keeps it in mind that we always balance each other out, and that hopefully, we'll find ourselves breaking the bad familiar habits that seem to plague both of our families... Silas doesn't want to be a butthole of a Papa... And I don't want to be an overprotective and overly strict Mama... And I think both of us being aware that we want to break that cycle has already set us on the right path to be the best parents we can be to our precious new addition to our little family, and our pack. 

...

Silas

... 

My sweet Bean seems so precious, even here in the corner of the ice cream parlor as Addy divides his last few bites between the two of us, my melted scoop played with just a tiny bit to keep the flavor of chocolate in our mouths, a few dips of my sweet mama's spoon being gifted to both of us before he puts it down and curls up in my lap to let me know that he is ready whenever I am, but I'm only ready after I steal a few seconds of cuddling, my toasty warm Bean probably feeling a little chilly from having so much ice cream after downing a milkshake... 

When I am ready to go all it takes is a little shift of my weight for my Sugar Snap to unfurl himself and hop off my lap, my hands being the ones to take our trash off the table to toss it into the trash, Addy keeping himself glued to my side as we walk it over to the barrel, my arm finding its way around his waist once it gets tossed... Our walking stopping in a way that makes him smile and shake his head, his eyes motioning for me to look outside the clear glass door just in time to see his Grandmother's car drive past the shop in the direction of the house... My sigh being one that's a bit tired of the socialization we've done today... 

His being one of fondness for the woman who did her best after stepping up to raise him despite going through her own grief, his hand finding mine so that we both might brace ourselves for a visit that hopefully will go a lot better than the last time we saw her... A few days ago when she scolded me for being overly-indulgent of Addy's chocolate habit and Addy ended up telling her to either go grab a bar for herself because she was clearly jealous or to leave... My laughter at which was not appreciated by Agatha herself...