Four

When we had walked through the door I was surprised by how cute the inside of the cafe is, not that I haven't paid attention to the pictures that they have posted on their website... Just that it almost felt like it was too cute to really look as adorable as it does in the photographs and I found myself pleasantly surprised to know that it was accurate because the place feels homey and familiar... And I don't need to feel as nervous as I usually would deviating from what we had planned, not that I need to be nervous with my big strong Daddy by my side... 

I know I can relax and not even worry about ordering my own food because I know just like he did in Orlando, he'll do it for me because he knows I struggle with interacting with new people in person, and he'll do it with a smile as he orders my burger so well-done I'm pretty sure it'll come to the table just a tiny bit burnt to make sure that it's done all the way... And I won't be fighting him on it because it's to protect me and our Nugget because he cares. He cares enough to have been reading up on different things pregnant people should and should not do in order to make sure he's supporting me properly... 

It means the world to me that he loves us so much, though I do cringe when he asks the waitress brave enough to approach the little two-top we had parked ourselves at, me being in Silas's lap instead of the chair across from him, a blushy smile gracing our servers face as she gets an eyeful of her Alpha being doting towards me in a way that a lot of the pack didn't know was even possible for him... One of his palms shoved under my shirt so the baby and I can feel the real warmth and comfort of his palm, his thumb rubbing itself over my belly button in a soothing way, his lips peppering my hair with kisses that he can't seem to hold off on, his chin being rested on the top of my head while he asks if the kitchen can wash all of the veggies that come on my chosen burger three times... And if they can swap the normal fries with the sweet potatoe fries I had been eyeing earlier but didn't mention because I wanted to keep my order easy and simple... Though I should have probably expected that Daddy would take it upon himself to make sure that I get what I actually want... And that he'd want to make sure that the meal is good for me and our baby... "... Would that be possible? He's pregnant, and I just want to be careful... And if the fries can't be subbed for the sweet potato ones then I'll just order whatever it actually comes with and we can just trade."

I almost try and resist the urge to smile hard and wide at Daddy saying that I'm pregnant but then I realize that I don't need to keep it at bay, and I find myself twisting just enough to lean up and kiss him right on the cheek in front of our already blushing server before hiding my face just a little bit with my hands for a moment so that I can calm myself enough to actually be ready for to eventually eat the food that he's ordered for us on the lunch date he asked for... The way he says it making him sound just as proud as he should be about finally becoming a Papa, even with the nervous edge I can hear there right along with it. 

...

Silas

... 

"Yes! We absolutely can do that, Alpha Silas! We'd be honored to, all of us I'm sure! And congrats!" The way our waitress squeals raises the anxiety already creeping up in my system just from actually being here instead of just picking up a to-go order and going home... But I had wanted to make this a special day for Addy, and I noticed that he actually liked going out to dinner in Orlando...

 It's beyond time that I start taking him on actual dates so he can get some social interaction and meet more of the pack he belongs to... And I need to get used to it because we'll need to socialize the kids too... Because I definitely don't want them to end up like me, so put off by the thought of having to interact with other people that most of the time it makes me nauseous... And just because I'm not really comfortable being out and about doesn't mean that Addy and the kids won't need or want to be social... They deserve to feel comfortable going out and being seen as a family and it's something I can learn to deal with with the help of the therapist Addy set up an appointment for us with if he's as good as Quinn says he is... It's just a matter of remembering to bring it up and with how badly my skin is crawling just having to place our order and having the waitress... Maggie?... get so chipper and step closer when she hears the news that there will soon be a brand new baby in the pack... And that it's our baby... 

I'm pretty sure that most of the pack is still in shock that my sweet Sugar Cube accepted me when they all know that for the most part, I am a grumpy asshole who didn't want to even be in the position of Alpha in the first place... And now it'll only be a matter of days before the rest of the pack knows I'm sure, news about the two of us always seeming to circulate fast even if the only people we actually talk to is Liam, Cassie, and the guys... Though I am pretty sure that some of it just comes up in conversation... Liam does get asked about us a lot from what he's told me... Just because we aren't normally seen out and about except for our shopping trips... Still though... 

By the time we actually make the announcement to the entire pack that their Luna is expecting it most likely won't come as a surprise to most of them, the spread of good news faster than wildfires when it comes to small towns like ours...

  I just hope that the pregnancy is a peaceful one with no big bumps... Because if something were to happen to Addy or the baby... I'm not the only one who would blame me... And I would very likely not need to worry about being the leader of this pack because they will all justifiably hate me for hurting the Luna that so many of them seem to already love, even with their limited exposure to him... 

"T-Thank you. I'll just have the same." I know I sound curt answering the waitress's sweet congratulations, but I'm afraid that if I keep talking that Addy will hear the nervousness in my voice and sense even more of the worry that I am trying so hard not to dwell on... Which I need to not let happen... Not when making sure Addy doesn't stress is my top priority, Doctor's orders.