Chapter 47; The Unexpected Pt 1

Chapter 48 is available on Inkitt if you want to read ahead! The book shall be completed this week on Inkitt and it will take a while before being completed on Wattpad!

Do read by using the link below! https://inkitt.app.link/RA_RamataMaguiraga02

Chapter 47

The day had felt unusually long as a heaviness settled in my heart. Zayrene cooed in my arms as Zander kept entertaining her.

My mind drifted as a restlessness overcame me.

I felt a hand on my shoulder as I jolted at the sudden realization.

"Hey, love, are you okay?" Zander questioned as he looked me in the eye.

"I'm perfectly fine, why would you think otherwise?" I asked showcasing a small smile.

He simply looked at me for a moment as he said nothing. "No its nothing," he replied with a forced smile.

"Irene, I've been thinking..." he started as he slowly cut off his words.

"Thinking of what?" I questioned raising an eyebrow ay him.

"No, wait before that, I just wanted to ask if I'd actually been forgiven." he asked as I felt the thumping of my heart in my chest.

"What?" I asked taken aback.

"No, never mind, forget that question." he'd said diverting is away from his words.

Forgiven? I mean, I did forgive it was just the forgetting that had become a difficult part. Well at least that's what I thought until he asked the question.

It couldn't have been so hard to say 'Yes' am I right? But I hesitated.

Did I really forgive Zander for what he's put me through? An alpha that had hurt me, exploited me, broke me.

Was forgiveness that easy? And even if I did, could I ever look him in the eye and say 'I forgive you for what you've put me trough,' without a slight malice or resentment or a feeling of unfairness?

Did I make Zander feel as though I had not forgiven him and would never? Is that why he asked? Or is there something else?

Forgiveness. What a painful word that easily given out.

I shook my head slightly trying to pry away from the thoughts that had begun to evade my mind uninvited. It made no sense to worry about it, all I had to do for now was look for the new light he'd been trying to illuminate instead if constantly looking at his uncountable flaws. Maybe I'd be able to tell him I'd forgiven him one day, though forgetting was going to be something that would never be possible.

Zayrene sneezed bringing me back to the reality before me. Yes, that's right, this was the now that I had to live. I had to stop myself from being shackled by the past to forget the beautiful things I had gotten now.

"My my, it seems you're lively," I cooed as I rocked her in my arms. "Please go to bed so I can go to sleep too," I said with a smile as I kissed her cheek.

Zander simply chuckled as he pulled me into his arms, his warmth radiating around me.

Yes, what mattered was now.

Time had passed slowly as Zayrene knocked out like the floof she was. She had finally slept. Zander bring Zander also knocked out waiting for his princess. I chuckled to myself.

"Zander," I called out as he hummed, still unmoving.

I sighed moving slightly careful not to wake Zayrene who lay in my arms.

"Zander," I called out loud as he moved his eyes opening and locking with mine. "I think we best head to bed." I said.

A smile overtook his face as he laughed slightly, "Is that an invitation?" he teased as I rolled my eyes.

Getting up I headed to my room closing the door lightly. I placed Zayrene in the crib and made my way to my closet only to feel something slightly off.

The window remain open as I furrowed my eyebrows. Did I forget to close it?

I walked toward the window only to feel a cool mental of sliver burning my skin.

"Put up a fight, and you'll both be hurt, as long as you cooperate, the baby will be fine, " The voice spoke out making me widen my eyes.

"What do you want?" I asked

"What you stole from me." those were the last words I'd heard from. The familiar voice before feeling my eyes droop and shut, welcoming me into darkness. The only thing making me panic, Zayrene's safety.

*
If you haven't already, please do go ahead and follow my Instagram page for update info and more! @RamataWrites

Again, chapter 48 is available on Inkitt if you want to get ahead in reading!

Don't forget to comment and vote for the chapter ❎

-Rama