Chapter 17; Whether You Like It Or Not

Chapter 17:

"He's... Umm... Upstairs in his bedroom." Brandon spoke up in surprise and shock.

I took a deep breath and made my way upstairs towards his bedroom. I was angry at the fact he hurt not only me but his unborn child, I was so upset he had no shame at all to carry out the acts he did and mostly I was dissapointed that I was given a mate that just wasn't right for me.

I pushed his door open without knocking and only to see his back faced towards me.

He instantly turned around for his eyes to be locked with mine. He looked like a complete mess, hair dishevelled, his facial hair more visible than ever, his eyes, as if he hadn't slept for years.

"Irene?" he called out but honestly I didn't care any more. "you're back. Why?" he asked bluntly. Asshole didn't even care that I actually came back. He's so damn arrogant.

I lifted my hand stopping him from saying anything more, "I'm. Not here for you, so don't think I've returned because I feel my mate is all I need. I only came back for my sake and only mine. I'm not here for you, or anyone in this pack for the matter. But I have to ask you something and honestly I must know. Why? What have I done to deserve any of the treatment you've given me?" I questioned, my eyes wanted to brim with tears but I wasn't going to cry, especially not for him.

He looked at me straight in the eyes. No emotion visible, no expression upon his face. "ANSWER ME!" I growled in anger. "What have I done? You mistreated Me, disrespected me, slept with me only to regret having your mate with you the very next morning. I tolerated everything you've done to me, everything you've said to me, every expression you've shown me, only for you, my mate to still not feel anything, to sleep with another woman just to hurt me, hurt us." his eyes seemed to widen when he heard me say 'us', he didn't honestly think he'd sleep with me and the outcome wouldn't show.

"You're lying! You're not, you can't be." he said adamantly.

"Well you can fill your ears with cement all you want, you can bury yourself six feet underground if you please, you can take a full dose of wolfsbane if you want, but it will never ever change the fact that I'm pregnant, it won't change the fact that you tried to kill us, kill an innocent baby because you thought the need to hurt me." I said, and now my tears wanted to fall, but I wasn't having it. "You're MY MATE, mine alone and I'm not a quitter to say I'm going to give up having my mate. That cement and Ice covering your heart I'll break it down layer by layer if I have to, even if it takes me eternity I'll do it. But I'll not let you reject us, I won't let you keep hurting us and I'll make sure you accept us. Whether you like it or not." I said to him.

"Why... WHY ARE YOU TRYING SO HARD TO GET SOMETHING YOU CAN'T GET?, why are you trying to squeeze yourself into my life, why are you trying to make yourself present in a heart that cannot love. Why are you trying to get close to an alpha who had already experienced love once, a broken alpha?" Zander voice cracked, he was hurting but was refusing to show it, he was trying to be a stone.

"To love a broken alpha is difficult, to be the second to an alpha that has already loved is painful, but I'm Irene, nothing anyone does or says can break me, nothing anyone tells me can stop me from believing, that you are going to accept me and if it means through our child our bond will grow stronger, so be it."

Zander simply looked at my face and stared into my eyes searching for... Something. He looked away from me as anger clouded his vision and he walked out.

To love a broken alpha is indeed difficult, but I'll love you and I'll accept you whether you like it or not. Because you're my mate.

Mine alone.

**************************

I'm so sick bur I managed to write the chapter! Yay! 😷, do you think Irene should've told Zander she was pregnant or rather kept it a secret?

What do you think is going to happen from here in out?

Do you think Zander will take the step to accept Irene and their unborn child?

Don't forget to comment and vote for the story! ❎

-Rama