Chapter 2; To Love A Broken Alpha.

Chapter 2:

We arrived at the venue, as music blasted from the speakers. The place was huge and there were a lot of people. Cole pulled my hand as he went to greet alpha after alpha. He introduced me as his friend for his sake.

We talked to different people for almost an hour. My feet began aching and the place began feeling stuffy. People danced and drank. I tried getting through the crowd as I followed Cole, but ended up getting lost. Oh well...

I walked through the halls, passing people after people. Just then the scent hit me. it was a fresh smell of a rainforest. It smelt so mouth-watering I couldn't describe what I felt like. My wolf began stirring around. She was agitated, wanting, demanding. I couldn't control her. I began to follow the scent. The closer I felt oi was nearing the scent, the more my stomach kept churning in excitement. This is it. I am about to find my mate. I stood in front of a door. Confusion took over me. why would there be a door at a party venue?

I opened the door, my eyes connecting with a set of bright green eyes. His eyes, that's what caught my attention. They were deadly, dull and icy. He held a man by the throat, as he stared at me. he looked like an empty vessel, he looked unhuman like. The moment right here and there was terrifying. My heart began to clench, something was wrong.

A grimace took over his face as he dropped the man, who began gasping for air. He then tsked and walked out of the room, his shoulder touching mine slightly. This was it. this was my mate. Shocks flowed through my body, as I slightly moaned at the contact. I turned around to see he was walking away. Why?

I jogged after him, into the crowd, grasping his arm. Just then he growled at me ferociously, capturing everyone's attention. The crowd looked scared and fearful of the man. My mate. Cole ran up to me, as he touched my arm.

"Irene, don't touch him." he said. his eyes holding fear. Cole was scared, and he was an alpha. I looked around the room, to the corner where a few of the alphas stood. They all had the same look in their eyes.

I looked at my mate, who stood in front of me. "you're my mate." I said to him. the crowd gasped in shock. He pulled his arm away from my grasp and sneered in my face.

"I'm not your mate, and even if I am, what guarantees you that I will accept you as mine?" he asked. Just then the thought made my heart hurt. My chest began heaving up and down as I tried calming myself down.

"n-no, you will accept me. my mate will accept me." the dream I had of my mate will come true. He wasn't going to shatter my dream for me. he wasn't going to reject me. he's my mate. Mates are meant to care for one another, and accept one another.

He simply looked at me. his eyes held no emotion whatsoever. He looked like he was shattered on the inside. Footsteps were heard and the man from earlier had come to him. the man looked panicked and scared for my mate.

"Zander you can't reject her. Or have you forgotten the curse?" the man asked my mate, or zander. Zander, what a nice name, it sounds so elegant yet distracting.

Zander growled at the man, making the man flinch, making everyone flinch. Including me. his eyes began to change colour and his chest began to heave up and down. He was angry and anyone could tell. He looked furious, as If all the bottled rage inside him was ready to make an appearance. But instead he calmed his breaths and soon calmed himself.

"Irene, let's go." Cole said as he grabbed my arm, pulling me away.

"NO!" growled Zander. "leave her alone, and let me decide what is to become of her. After all, she is my mate. And I will love her, right?" he said. soon the crowd looked uncomfortable. Everyone looked pleased at his reply. But something was wrong.

"do accept me as your mate?" my question came out involuntarily.

"do you accept to be a second, to an alpha who has already lost his mate?" his face took on an evil smile. Right then my breath hitched, my mind froze. I couldn't be. It can't be.

"you can't, it can't." my words weren't coming out.

"oh but my dear mate, it is, you are a second chance mate. You are a second to an alpha who has already loved. You are the second to a man who lost his life partner. You are a side. A second." He said harshly.

Right then my dreams crumbled, my fantasies faded. I was a second. He already has a mate. He already loves. Or loved as he said. how can this be? Why was the moon goddess dawning all of this weight and pressure on me? why is the moon goddess punishing me?

"so do you still want to be my mate?" he asked. "or rather, you have no choice as to whether you want my mate or not. because now, you are and will be my mate. By force." he said. my world froze.

"no, I-I won't accept that." I whispered.

"oh but mate," he spat out, "you have no choice. Because I need you to live and I won't die because you don't want to be something you already are. You can't change fate. You will be and always will be a second to an alpha who already experienced." His words came out like venom. My eyes began to prickle with tears. He's right. I'm a second. Nothing but a second chance mate.

My heart clenched in my chest. My eyes watered with tears. My body felt limp. I was pathetic at this moment. I was useless. I need him to live, even though rejection sounds perfect. I can't die because of something so unwanted. I'm not going to give up my dream of a mate so easily. This is the dream I wanted to live since I was a child, even though reality slapped me in the face. My father dreamed of the day I would find my mate.

"I accept." I said, causing everyone to gasp.

Cole looked at me as he shook me, "are you insane Irene?!? This is not something to joke about! Look, I know you don't want to but, I will marry you if he rejects you. Your mate-" I cut him off.

"exactly Cole, my mate. You have yours out there. And I won't take her mate away from her because that would be utterly selfish. I can't live with rejection Cole. I won't survive. My wolf and I have always wanted this, and if this has to shatter, we will both shatter, both in heart and mind. Believe me when I say this Cole, I may be a second, but I will make the most of it. I will have my mate, wont I?" I asked him. even though it was a lie. I was already shattered, and I can't make the most of being a second. This was it.

"very well then. You will come with me to my pack tomorrow morning. And let me warn you. You have better gotten your head out of your dreams and fantasies, because I am only accepting you for a very vital reason. And lastly get this clear in your head. There is no place in my heart for a second. No place in my heart for you. No place in my heart for you as my mate or partner in any aspect. That is all." He said as he walked away. My dreams are shattered my heart Is broken.

I stoop limp as I watched his back. I watched as he walked away from me. this was it, I was going to have to prepare for a life as a second. I was going to have to love a broken alpha.

Guys chapter 2!awesome!i hope you like it but also felt a bit bad about it.

Vote, comment, and share!

Until the next update of To Be The Second!