Chapter 10; Never Giving Up

Chapter 10:

I woke up to the sun shining in my face. I walked to the bathroom freshening up. I walked into the bedroom and got my clothes out ready for a new day. I dressed and fixed myself up. I walked down the stairs and prepared myself a nice breakfast.

The doorbell rang catching my attention. I walked towards it, wiping my wet hands on the apron I was wearing and opened the door. A woman, or prostitute was standing in front of me. she pushed me aside and made her way in.

“excuse me, may I help you?” I asked her. Okay let me honest she was absolutely stunning, but her attire didn’t work out with her.

She looked me up and down and turned away. “maid I haven’t spoken to you, now where is my fiancé?” she questioned. I looked at her confused. Fiancé? Was her mate in this house?

“who exactly is your fiancé?” I asked her and she groaned looking at me and giving me a dirty look.

“you newbie, I’m here for Zander of course. I’m sure you heard the announcement of our engagement through the town?” she asked. And that completely shattered me. he wants to get married to someone else when I gave up everything for him. was he seriously going to marry another woman while his mate is here?

“I don’t understand. When did he announce this?” I asked her. She looked at me with annoyance and degrading eyes.

“last night, at my birthday party. Though he wasn’t in a good mood.” She said and that got my heart shattering more. Why would he do something like that?

“I’m sorry are you sure its him, because he has me as his mate.” I confirmed with her. She looked me up and down and then laughed. Yeas she laughed hysterically. Soon footsteps were heard coming down the stairs. His scent hit my nose as he stopped and walked towards us.

“Zander honey.” She said to him throwing herself into his arms. He smiled slightly and hugged her back. Why does this hurt so much.

“Bridget, what are you doing here?” he asked his toe soft on her as he ran his hand through her hair.

“zander, I came to see you and you won’t believe what this thing, I mean girl just said to me. she called herself your mate. Is that true?” she asked him as is gaze locked in mine. What had I ever done for him to ate me?

“no.”

those words were like a sharp blade to my heart. I felt the tears brim my eyes as I let out a smile. “he’s wrong you know, I am his mate, but he doesn’t want a second chance mate.” And that made Bridget frown at him.

“girl if you didn’t hear him, ill say it again, he is not your mate.” She said. but I continued to smile.

“I’ve waited too long to have my mate only for him to get married to some whore, it won’t happen and I won’t allow it. this isn’t a cliché love story, he is mine and I am possessive and territorial. So in the end what belongs to me will always be mine. So let me tell you this Bridget. He is my mate and I won’t hand him over easily to you.” I said to her and turned to Zander. “you may have not accepted me yet, but it’s no problem, you will and I’ll make sure of it. you Alpha Zander Stone, will accept me as you mate and you will fall in love with me. this I promise you.” I said to him honestly.

All he did was walk off. But stopped for a moment and turned his face sideways. “we shall see.” He said, making my heart leap.

He wanted to love again. he wanted a second chance mate. He wanted me. but was too arrogant to say so. But no worries. Alpha zander stone, you will love me and will apologise for mistreating me in all your ways. And when you do accept me, you’ll give me a happily ever after. Just like I always dreamed.

Bridget kept out a screech and turned to me with blazing eyes. “believe me, he is absolutely arrogant and will not cave in. he is in love with me and not you, so why don’t you just give up already.”

“because, nothing is impossible if I’m Irene. And I’ll make the impossible, possible, because no matter how much you suffer, you will always be rewarded for your hard work. So break a nail or two if you really want zander and fight me for him. cause I won’t give him up easily.” I smiled.

That’s right. I won’t, and I never plan to. Because he is my mate and mine alone.

***************

Heyya! Chapter 10 complete? What do you think of Irene?

What do you think is going to happen next?

Don't forget to comment and vote for the story! ❎

-Rama