Chapter 6; That Day...

Chapter 6:

“hi mom” I said, with a smile on my face.

“hi baby girl. How is it, how’s your mate been treating you?” she asked curiously. How was I meant to answer that question? How was I supposed to tell my mom I’m unwanted?

“everything is fine mom, he is so kind and caring and I could never ask for a better mate than him.” I replied hesitantly. She simply hummed in happiness.

“I hope you all the best, by the way when will I meet him?” she questioned.

“he Is a very busy person mom, it will be difficult for him to visit you, but I promise he will soon.” I say, hoping that what I said will come true.

“I hope he comes soon; I want to meet my future grandchild maker.” He joked.

“mom...” I laughed at her words. Mom has always loved babies and girls at that. “okay mom, I will speak to you tomorrow, I promise, I think.” I said to her.

“okay baby girl, I love you.” She said.

“love you too.” I replied to her statement, and that gave me a bit of warmth in my heart. at least I know I’m not that unwanted.

I went to take a shower and when I was done I slipped on my pyjamas. I walked to the bedroom balcony and brushed my hair whilst looking at the star filled sky. I gazed at it as I hummed an old melody, my dad used to hum. I don’t exactly remember the words, but I can say that when my dad was alive, he had a beautiful voice. And that voice left a music nit in my mind to remember him at all times and I miss him really.

I walked into the room once again, shutting the balcony doors. I sat on my bed and got read to sleep, slipping under the covers. I looked at the ceiling and closed my eyes but I couldn’t fall asleep, instead I felt a tugging to my heart. soon, my face felt wet, I lifted my fingers to touch my face only to realize I was crying and I don’t know why.

I turned to my side holding and cradling myself, why does this hurt so much? Does rejection hurt. Why do I have to be so stubborn? Why do I have to have a willing heart? when honestly I’m just weak and lying to myself. I continued to cry and soon my tress muffed into my pillow, I began feeling tire and fell asleep.

Tomorrow is a new day, a new sun, a new time, and another opportunity to try and open his heart, another opportunity to make him want me, another opportunity to not give up. tomorrow

***************

The sun’s rays reflected into my face as I yawned and rubbed my eyes. Today is another day. I got up and freshened up then walked downstairs. I remember the table I was showed yesterday and walked there. Sitting down on the chair at the head was Zander and next to him was Brandon. I was happy to at least have someone who can make me comfortable seated here. I came in smiling, and took a seat next to Zander on the other side. But as soon as I sat down, he stood up.

“Brandon, I’ve lost my appetite, I’m leaving.” My smile faltered and a saddened smile too over my face. Oi haven’t done anything wrong. Yet he hasn’t even acknowledged me, what did I do to deserve this?

Instead I stood up and forced a smile on my quivering lips. “no, you sit down, I will leave. I am the reason for your loss of appetite, so I will leave and you can enjoy your breakfast.” I smiled. Walking away from him, and the table. I ran, trying not to get lost, I walked up the stairs to my bedroom. Shutting the door, I let a tear fall.

“nothing is impossible if I’m Irene.” I muttered to myself. I don’t want to go back there. I don’t want to be alone, I don’t want to fall into the dark abyss again, I don’t want to be alone.
I sat down looking outside my window. It the green garden full of flowers. But I’ve always had a soft spot for tulips. my Luna ceremony is nearing, just one more day. Nut I wonder, I’ve been rejected by the alpha, will I also b rejected by the people? The pack?

If that happens I know I can direct their love towards me, even if it’s just a few people. Then I can say I tried. A knock echoed through my room, interrupting my thoughts.

“come in.” I said, hoping for Zander. But rather Brandon walked in and to be honest it was okay.

“what is the matter, Brandon?” I questioned.

“nothing, I just came to see how youre doing. I’m sorry for alphas behaviour, please forgive him, its still hard for him to accept, but I know he will. In due time.” He tried making excuses.

“I know he will. And I won’t give up until he does, nothing is impossible if I’m Irene, and one day I’ll make him accept me.” I said to him. Brandon smiled and shook his head.

“anyway, lets lightened the mood! Let’s get you a dress for your Luna ceremony tomorrow!” he cheered, oi nodded smiling at him. “I’m sure everyone will love you, just like how I do.” He promised. I nodded yet again. we walked out of the room and down the hallway.

Sometimes I just wonder what would it feel like if it were zander instead of Brandon? Would I feel a little different, will the day when I get accepted ever come, and most importantly will I be accepted my mate or even more this pack? Will I be looked at in a different light, instead of a second, I can be looked at as a mate? The only thing I can do is hope for that day, the day when he will accept me, the day that all my hard work will come to an end.

I can’t help but feel that day is coming

*****************

I vacant wait for that day too! But will it actually ever come? How was this chapter? Did you enjoy it?

What do you think will happen at the Luna ceremony?

Don't forget to comment and vote for the story! ❎

-Rama✌