Chapter 9; Unknown Promises

Chapter 9:

I looked at the crowd yet again, before gulping and turning back to Zande. His eyes were filled with rage, hurt and mostly hate. Had I done something wrong? Had I insulted him in anyway. What was wrong with the dress I had chosen. I could smell his anger here as I stood. Why was it whenever I want to do something to impress him, it always takes a turn for the worst?

“what’s wrong with my dress? “I questioned him. he looked at me before growling towards me.

“what is not wrong, do you think, that wearing the same dress my mate wore on the day of her Luna ceremony I would easily accept you with open arms? Tell me!” he yelled making me flinch.

“zander I swear I didn’t know, I swear on my life, I didn’t know, I thought it would impress you, I- “he cut me off with a yell.

“shut the hell up! I don’t want to hear shit coming from you. How dare you, a lowlife, a commoner think you could ever take her position as a Luna, as my mate that you could ever take my heart? I told you before and I’ll tell you for the last time, the is no room for you in my life or in my heart. you are only a mere second, used to keep me alive and I don’t ever and will never plan on falling in love with you or being your ideal mate.” He said finishing with a growl, his wolf surfacing. He then turned abruptly and walked off.

I stood in shock. Was this really what I deserved? What I was meant to do? A mere second. Was that all I was. I felt tears roll out of my eyes as I turned to the crowd. Glares were sent my way, eyes with rage, I could feel their anger, their sadness, their hatred. They all left one after the other.

The girl from earlier came my way her eyes filled with tears. “this is why you shouldn’t have come. No one wants you here. You’ve hurt our alpha which means you’ve hurt us, and we will never forgive you. never.” She then turned away and walked out along with everyone else.

It’s not my fault. It’s not my fault. I didn’t mean it. I didn’t. I fell to my knees as warm arms wrapped around me pulling into an embrace. I turned to see Brandon. His eyes were filled with sorrow and sorry. I turned to his chest and cried my pain out.

“I’m so sorry, I didn’t know it would turn out like this. I didn’t know the dress would anger him.” he apologised. But in all honesty I know he was just trying to help. I pulled back and put a tight smile on my face. I pulled away and stood up dusting my dress.

“you know my dad would be so disappointed in me right now if he saw me crying. Because he thought me to never give up. and he always told me, that nothing was impossible as long as I was Irene summers. And that’s what I choose to believe.” I said to him. that’s right, it’s too early to give up, one mishap won’t bring me down. Not at all.

Brandon looked at me ins surprise before smiling at me. “than that the alibi I believe in to. But promise me one thing Irene?” he asked seriously.

“what is it?” I questioned him. his eyes turned stern as did his word.

“don’t hope too much, don’t love too much and don’t trust too much.” He said. those were the exact words Colton told me. but why did they always say that. Why?

“I promise.” I simply said. and he nodded a smile on his face.

“very well let’s do some of the ceremony and let’s enjoy this party that was made for you. We don’t wanna waste do we?” he questioned making a smile slap its way on my face.

Oh moon goddess I wonder what I should do to mend his broken heart? what I should do to help zander. But for now I’ll keep trying, because sooner or later I won’t have to be the second and he will have to accept me. and when that happens, I will get him to love me.

Because Nothing is impossible if I’m Irene. 

****************

Chapter 9 complete!!! Hope you enjoyed it because there's going to be more updates, because schools closed!!! Yay!

Don't forget to comment and vote for the story! ❎

-Rama