Chapter 28: ... Deceit

Chapter 28:

Tick.

Tock

Tick

Tock

The clock repeated its rhythm. 2 days since I left. 2 days since I haven't left this room. 2 long and dreadful days.

I blinked rapidly as my eyes began to fill with tears with the pain my heart thrusted on to me. This wasn't love, but deceit. A pain to make you think you were going to die without the one person you were made for. A pain that pricked your body ever so much that the only cure to the pain was the person you were made for.

Too bad, the person made for me wasn't the person I was made for. I let out a sigh as I sat up. I couldn't allow myself to rot away in this room. I couldn't allow myself to wither as I long for a love I couldn't have.

I can't. I won't.

I forced myself to stand up losing a bit of my balance as I walked towards the bathroom, stripping and stepping under the shower I allowed the water to fall onto my skin as my mind couldn't help but wonder: 'does he even think about me?' or more 'did he ever even bother to once think about me?'

Thoughts were dangerous. They only ever made you long for what you never had.

I let out a sigh of defeat as I stepped out of the shower and pushed myself to get dressed. Pulling my shirt over my head, a knock echoed through the room.

"Irene?" my mother's voice echoed in my ears from behind the doors.

"come in" I answered.

She walked in, her face distorted in confusion and surprise. She looked at me with undetectable emotions as I raised my eyebrow towards her.

"What's wrong?" I questioned her. She let out a breath as if what she was about to say was something extremely horrendous.

"Zander's here to see you." she muttered and that alone was enough to knock the breath out of me.

"Tell him to leave, I do not want to see him." I said.

"But Irene-" I cut her off.

"I don't want to see him." I stated firmly as I turned to look outside my window.

I heard my mother's footsteps as she shut the door. I let out a trembling sigh as my heart clenched.

Deceit.

That's all it is.

He does not and will never deserve me. He doesn't deserve anything after what he's done to me. Yet I yearn for him, yet I am forced to think about him and yet here I am... Believing he wants me. When in reality all he's doing is luring me.

He deserves nothing from me. Not me. Not our child. Not our bond.

Our bond...

NO! I couldn't think like that. No matter how twisted it sounds. Neither of us deserve that pain.

.
.
.

"Irene" his voice rang in my ears. "Can I come in?" he questioned. Zander stood behind the one thing that seperated us. My door.

"No." I replied hurriedly. "I thought I asked, no, told you to leave."

He let out a sigh. "Can we just talk? I  feel, no, I owe you an explanation and honestly, I know no amount of words can stir your forgiveness, but can you just, listen to me?"

Though my hand trembled and wanted to open the door for him. Though my heart was dead set on listening to what he has to say, the one heart beat that cleared my mind, reminded of what he had done.

He mistreated me. Abandoned us. And he asks... For me to hear what he has to say?

"Zander, I'm in no state to listen to you and I have no will to listen to anything you have to say." my voice cracked betraying me.

"Irene, if you would just-" I cut him short.

"Please... Just leave..." I asked.

"No, I'm not leaving. I'm never leaving you again"

************

I'm a horrible person 😂, school has literally been dreading me and since its my final year it's been deadly 😢.

I tried my hardest to write today and honestly no amount of apologies could make up for what you my readers are feeling, but I'm really sorry.

I hope this chapter and the ones to come after really will cheer you guys up!

What do you think of this chapter? What is with Zander?

Don't forget to comment and vote ❎ on the chapter!

-Rama