Chapter 30: Chances...

Hey guys! Though we're all loving the early updates on inkitt, I still need the votes on wattpad! Please do support me on both platforms. ❤️

Chapter 30:

He let out a tired yet heart aching sigh and in all honesty I wanted to hold him. I wanted to tell him it was going to be okay. I wanted to...

"Zander, I know you've been hurt," I started, "but that was no excuse to hurt me the way you did." I stated.

"I know and believe me I regret it so much, nothing I could ever do would take back my actions and I'm absolutely sorry." he looked at me with pleading eyes.

"I want to forgive, but I can't. As you've said nothing you could ever do could take back the actions." I stated firmly. "I don't deserve it and more you don't deserve me."

He let out a ragged breath "Irene, give me a chance to prove myself. Let me show you I'm sorry. Let me show you I can be the mate you were meant to have. All I need is a chance. You don't have to forgive, heck, hate me for it, because I deserve it. And yes, I don't deserve you, but let me prove I'm worthy to you." right now his voice held so much promise, but my mind wouldn't trust he'd follow through to that promise.

I was about to open my mouth to speak but he cut me short placing a finger over my lips.

"You don't have to answer right now, I want you to think about it and you can give me an answer tomorrow." he said.

He stood up giving me a smile and walking out of my room shutting the door behind him softly.

What
Was
That?

My heart punded against my chest as I watched the door. Stupid mate bond.

I let out a deep sigh and laid on my bed. My hand on my growing bumb. Listening in on the one other heart beat in the room.

Why couldn't things be easier? Why couldn't Zander have been all loving like this in the start? Why couldn't we have been the right mates?

Everyone deserves a second chance right? But did Zander really deserve one?

I let out a frustrated groan. Let my thoughts drift away I let sleep envelope me.

.
.
.
.

I walked out of my bedroom in my loose sweater, allowing me in a field of comfort.

Walking down the stairs I watched as Zander stood next to my mother by the pack house patio. They seemed to be in a deep conversation. When Zander realized I was coming he slapped on a smile and stopped talking which made me raise my eyebrow in confusion.

"Good morning Irene." My mother greeted as usual. Zander muttered a faint "morning" as well.

"Morning," I said eyeing them both. "What were you guys talking about?" I questioned lightly.

"Nothing you need to worry about." Zander said. I furrowed my eyebrows in a questioning way.

"Ooookay" I dragged suspiciously.

"How about we go have breakfast?" my mother brought up.

"We'll catch up with you, I need to talk to Zander." I said locking eyes with him.

Hearing my words put his expression in a nervous state for a second before regaining his composure.

"Of course." he said.

Nodding, I made my way to the door. Zander cleared his throat before following me closely.

I made my way to the one part of Cole's territory that I found peaceful and serene. Taking a seat on one of the benches, Zander stood nervously.

Patting the empty space next to me, ushering him to take a seat, he sat down.

"You know, when I was younger, My father used to bring me along here. He called it 'The thinking spot'." I smiled remembering. My father was honestly everything to me. Though we were omega's in the pack, I never liked one because of him.

I let out a sigh as I turned to face Zander, "I don't know what I'm supposed to tell you." I said honestly.

"I know, and I don't blame you. Conflicted with the mate bond, your heart and your mind. But whatever you decide will never stop me from proving myself to you. I will keep coming back until you change your mind."

I looked away from and stared hard at the ground. He wasn't making sense. He wasn't being fair. Gripping the sides of the bench my thoughts swirled.

How was I to turn a blind eye and pretend that all of the things that happened never happened? How was I to forgive? Did he really deserve a second chance?

Finally making up my mind I spoke out "I...

****

CHAPTER 31 IS AVAILABLE ON INKITT!!!! 

TO READ THE CHAPTER PLEASE BE SURE TO CLICK THE LINK IN MY BIO

What do you think she's going to say? Do you think Zander deserves a second chance?

Let me know in the comments down below🤭

Like the Book? Leave a review!