Chapter 21: Lack Of Trust

Chapter 21:

Nothing seems right.

Nothing feels right.

Everything feels dark.

I sat still in my Bedroom, only 2 days out of the hospital. I felt sick to the core. Tired. Weak.

A knock echoed through the bedroom again. Just like it has for the past 2 days at the same time. I walked to the door, not willing to even step out of the room. The maid that I've seen every 9 hours stood, a tray in her hands.

"Alpha said to eat." the same words repeated everytime.

I took the plate out of her hand and shut the door in her face, not willing to even spare a word. I was breaking and I was not going to deny it. It was clear.

The smile that sewed my face, disappeared, and a frown embedded it's way on my face. My eyes lost its color. I was dull, dead, lifeless. For some, if I ever have to mention that it seems like my reason to break was because of a man who couldn't come to love me, they'd laugh and honestly I'd let them.

An alpha. A broken alpha. A second to an alpha which.... Already loved.

My stomach churned as the nauseating feeling came back. I rushed my way to the bathroom, locking the door and leaning over the bowl and emptying my contents.

A knock echoed on he bathroom door as I continued to vomit.

"Irene?" I heard Brandon's voice echoe through the bathroom.

I wanted to answer him, but not having the chance I continued. He knocked and tried opening the bathroom but couldn't because of it being locked.

He banged and banged, I almost thought the door was going to break. He quieted down after a moment, and a gentle knock echoed again, did he think I was purposely not answering him?

"Irene?" my heart plummeted in my chest. "Irene open the door." Zander's voice range in my ears.

Did he not get the message? Did he not realize I was trying to ignore him? Keep away from him?

Our mate Bond was holding on, on a small whim. I could feel it breaking. And I know it isn't too long before it breaks completely.

2 second later I heard a loud thud, but I didn't bother looking up. That is until sparks shot up my arm. This wasn't supposed to happen.

My nauseating feeling came. Back making me bend over the toilet bowl again. I felt Zander hold up my hair as I released what remained in my stomach.

The mate Bond breaking was going to be my way of escaping from pain, but in an instant was it strengthening again. I finished taking in and releasing deep breaths and instantly I pulled away from Zander my back hitting the bathtub near the toilet.

"stay away from me." I said to him. He looked just as horrible as me, but I was nowhere near feeling any pity for him.

"Irene, I need you." his words made my heart jump for him, my instinct wanted to hold him close.

I stared at him, looking unto his dull eyes. I couldn't. Even if I wanted I just couldn't. I couldn't forgive him.

"It hurts." I said to him. "IT HURTS SO DAMN MUCH ZANDER!." I yelled tears falling from my eyes.

He nodded at me his eyes tearing up as well as he looked at me. "Baby I know it does. And I put you in the pain you're feeling. I'm so sorry. So damn sorry." he said his own tears falling from his eyes.

I ran my hands through my hair roughly, I didn't know what to do. Forgiving Zander was going to be so difficult. My heart had already chosen to give up. I can't take another heart break.

"Irene, please, we need to do this together. I need you in my life." he said pleasingly.

"You never know what you missed until you realize what you lost." I said looking at the ground lifeless. My body felt weak. I felt tired. "I can't take another heart break, I can't take another rejection, I just can't Zander." I explained to him.

"I know, and I won't let you, all I need is one chance. One." he said.

"there's a reason. There's no way you'd come ask for forgiveness, you're just looking for a way to humuliate me, you want to rid me of my dignity, don't you?" I said.

"Irene, no, I wouldn't do that, yes I might be an ass but I'd never go that far. I need you Irene, I need you in my life. I can't lie and say I love you, but honestly I feel like I'll come to love you, all I need is a chance." he tried expressing. But my mind wasnt allowing me to believe a single thing he was saying.

"I can't." I said. "you've broken my trust Zander." I said weakly. My head pounding.

"we can rebuild that trust slowly Irene, we just need to give each other one more chance." he tried persuading me. "what do you say?"

***** **  *******

OKAY AUTHOR'S YOURE A PICEOF OF S*** YOU SON OF A -

I know I know, just busy me like always! Gomenasai! Sorry! Pardon! Now shall we go on with our story?

DO you think Irene must take this chance? Should she try giving Zander a chance?

Don't forget to comment and vote for the story! ❎

-Rama