Chapter 41: Mine

Before we start, I started an Instagram page 😳, please do check me out : https://www.instagram.com/ramatawrites/

Chapter 42 is available on inkitt! Please check it out by using the link below in the comments!

Chapter 41:

The days slowly turned to months and were passing by quickly. Life in the pack felt somewhat peaceful. People started opening up to me and I finally felt like the Luna of the pack, but of course there was still a faction of the pack against me, but I knew I'd slowly open their hearts to me, I just needed to be patient.

Zander on the other hand was still trying to gain my favor and though he's been trying his utmost best, my heart still aches at the thought of forgetting what he's done. I know that we're supposed to overlook the faults of people, especially those that want to change, but for some reason... It was just too hard for me to do so.

We occasionally are together, he kept me company most of his free time and he continuously bugged me about my eating and resting habits. He was truly starting to feel like a mate. Like my... Other half.

My time for delivery was close, just a few weeks away, to say everyone was excited was an understatement, they were completely over the moon. Zander continuously stressed but honestly nothing has happened this far in my pregnancy for him to be so worried, I had a good feeling that everything was going to be alright, But a small part of me couldn't deny the unease that crept in.

Lying on the bed with my back aching like crazy, I put my hand on my now swelling tummy. "it isn't long till we see each other, my love" I muttered with a smile on my face. A knock echoed through the door as I sat up before saying a small 'come in'.

Zander popped his head in with a smile, being as goofy as he's been for the last month. "I brought you some cut up fruit" he said as he walked in placing it on the bedside table. He sat down next to me as I picked up the fork eating the fruit in the bowl.

His hand combed through my hair as we sat in a comfortable silence. "have you thought of any names?" he questioned curiously.

"Hmm, I've been on that for a couple of weeks now but nothing seems to ring a nice bell to it. I want our child's name to be special, to mean something." I said.

It has always been a plan of mine to give my child a good and meaningful name. Sighing in frustration I turned back to my bowl and continued to eat in the silence that enveloped us.

"Irene, do you still despose me as much as before or am I making progress into the way of forgiveness?" he questioned making me freeze.

I see, he was feeling insecurity. Smiling to myself I shook my head.

"I can't say a small part of me doesn't despise what you've done to me, but also a small part of me is trying to hold on to you as much as I can. It's not love, that's gonna take some time... Maybe I'm in like with you?" I said as a smile slapped it's way in his face. "However, I haven't forgotten." I said making it clear. You could always forgive a person no matter how horrible they are, if they are seeking forgiveness, but to forget is a whole other story.

"Having you just wanting me in the slightest sense already makes me happy. I'll hold on to that till you can love me. For you are the blessing and second chance bestowed upon me. And for me to have lost sight of that... I truly must have really been a fool." he said as he kissed behind my now held hand.

A frivolous smile made its way on my face as my heart thumped slightly. This was the mate behind the broken alpha. This was the Zander I was looking for. This was my Zander. And now, for some reason, the unease suddenly felt more heavy.

******

Hello fellow beautiful human beings!

What is going to happen le next?

Till the next chapter! 💕

Ps. Again I started an Instagram page! Please do support me and follow me! If you guys have any questions or just wanna talk casually, dm me! I'll be sure to respond as soon as I can! ❤️💕

-Rama