Chapter 32: Anger

Chapter 33 is up on inkitt! Check it out! Updates on inkitt are faster than wattpad! Happy holidays everyone 🎄

1. Click the link in my bio or in the comments down below

2. Download inkitt (its ad free and free to use)

3. add my books to your reading list and don't forget to follow me and vote and comment on the story.

You must use the link provided!

Hey guys! i know were all loving the fast updates on inkitt, but don't forget to support me on wattpad as well!

chapter 32:

we've been at my old pack for almost a week and honestly things were starting to look up a bit. I never felt such a sense of relief that seeing Zander work so hard to rekindle things.

Even though I know that no matter what he does he cannot help the wounds he has given me, at least he was trying. Forgiveness was still out of the question but acceptance was slowly making its way into my heart.

"Irene?" I heard a voice call out to me. turning around i came face to face with Cole who seemed bothered by something.

Smiling I made my way up to him. He began fiddling with his fingers as his eyebrows furrowed in confusion. He looked up to me as something flashed across his eyes. Not knowing why, my smile faltered a bit as worry overcame me.

"What seems to be the matter Cole?" I questioned as he let out a deep sigh.

"Irene, I don't think that Zander is suitable in anyway to be your mate. I don't believe he's changed and for a fact I don't think he's going t0 be any better or good to you after this. Why don't you just move back and stay here? I don't mind becoming your mate and I don't mind taking his place in your heart. Let me fix what he's broken inside of you." He said leaving me speechless.

I stood there for a good minute no words forming in my mouth as my mind could not fathom his words.

"Cole, listen to me... you have a mate out there someone who is waiting for you to love them and you want to throw that away? No matter how much Zander has hurt me, he is still my mate. sure i haven't forgiven him and honestly it'll take more than proving he's worthy for me to forgive, but he was the one the moon goddess has made for me." I reasoned.

Cole shook his head in disbelief and looked at me as if I was saying the most useless thing in the world. I raised my eyebrow at him wondering in my mind just what he was thinking.

"Irene, I don't know if you've noticed but I love you. Honestly I don't think anything in the world can change that. I don't want to see you cry or fall in despair because of some alpha that can't commit to his mate, just give me a chance and I-" I raised my hand cutting him off.

"-And you'll what Cole? You'll break the heart of a mate thats been waiting for you all your life? You can't do that Cole, you just can't. I'm sorry but my answer is no. you'll forever be dear to me but, not in that way. I'm sorry"

"So he has already occupied his place in your heart even after he's done so much to you? I really don't understand this..." He said running his hands through his hair before turning away from me with a pained expression.

For a moment my heat hurt seeing my close friend feel pain but i held myself back knowing he needed some space. Letting out a sight I walked back to the pack house and to my room.

Zander stood in the middle of the room his phone to his ear. ending the call he turned to face me his face revealing a small frown.

"Irene, I know you want to be here with your old pack but I really need us to go back to my pack. there's so much to do and the packs not running as smoothly without its alpha. I can't stand being away from you so please... go with me?" he asked with pleading eyes.

my hearth thumped against my chest as my mind kept echoing with worry. his pack doesn't like me. they never did and i think it will take a while before they did. and what about his bimbo what will i have t0 face when i go back, i don't know if I'm ready for it.

"Zander I don't know..." I began as he too my hand giving it a light squeeze.

"Please Irene, please..." he begged.

Letting out an uncomfortable sigh I nodded.

A smile overcame his face as his eyes lit up. "We will leave first thing tomorrow morning." he stated. Nodding my head, he pulled me into a hug knocking the breath out of me. He let go and look down on me a smile overcoming his face and for some reason that warmed my heart.

"Thank you" he said as in simply breathed in his scent. i was starting to accept this but my heart refused to forgive. and honestly I don't blame my heart, because honestly to fix something thats broken is difficult.

He moved away and walked out of my bedroom leaving me there wondering just how I was going to take on a pack that honestly proved top me that they did not need me nor like me in any way.

Sighing, I shook my head and made my way down the stairs my mind in a jumble and my heart set stone.

********************

Hey guys! i hope all has been well! updates are starting up again! yayyyyy! Don't forget to leave a comment down below!!