Chapter 22; A New Leaf

Chapter 22 :

"Irene?" he asked softly once again. I looked him in the eyes, just about to answer, when the door opened.

"I'm sorry Zander, but you've lost your chance." I said firmly.

I was not going to break anymore than I was already broken. I was not going to fall victim to a one sided love. I was not going to put any more effort. The only thing now that takes over my mind is the life growing inside of me.

Chance? He doesn't deserve it.
Love? He doesn't deserve it.
Rejection? He's definitely going to get it.

I looked at him unmoved by my words. He seemed helpless, but I couldn't careless. This was me giving up. A cold hearted bitch? I can be. If it means teaching Zander a lesson like no other if do it a hundred times. If it meant him being in pain. I'd do it a million times. But if it meant me getting some sort of satisfaction, I'd do it a trillion times.

"life doesn't work the way you want it to. You can't throw away something one minute and the next go digging in the trash for it. A second chance? I had given it to you, the goddess gave it to you. But I honestly regret not giving up earlier. The mate bond can break for all I care, it would just result in us getting hurt and healing afterwards. But Zander I'll tell you this now. I'll only reject you the moment my child is born. You'll never hold him or her, you'll never see him or her. This was the child you  thought was a mistake and mistakes are meant to be corrected. And I'm going to correct the mistake of ever giving you my heart at a 100%."

He stared at me. No challenge in his eyes. The dead fire that once engulfed his eyes, lit up. " if it means me taking a hundred years to prove that what I did was a mistake, I'll do it. If it means me getting hurt by my mate again, if it's you, I'll do it. Irene, I'll tell you this, you always say you never give up as if that's your motive to keep living. Well now I'll be just like you and use that as my motive to to try keeping you even though you're already slipping through my fingers, I'm going to try and hold on to the little that's left." he says as he walked out.

I was never going to forgive him. Never. He deserved my utmost hate.

What has I done to deserve nothing but heartache? Just what? A simple omega like me, who had done nothing but dream of her mate, gets thrown to some heartbreaking alpha. I've learnt my lesson and honestly, forgiving Zander, in my mind, is impossible right now.

I laid a hand on my stomach rubbing it ever slightly and lovingly. My child is what's keeping me going right now, otherwise, I don't think I'd be able to even breathe like I did in the past.

I shook my head and opened the curtains to this dark room. This pack deserved nothing but misery. Zander deserved nothing but my hate and I was going to give it to them in 10 fold.

I, who was supposed to be treated like a queen. I who was supposed to be loved by my mate. I who was supposed to be luna to a loving pack. I, Irene have become shambles ever since entering this ridiculous pack and I was not going to stay any longer. I was not going to take this game of hearts and pretend I'm... Okay. Because I'm not, and I will never be, because the broken alpha has finally broken the heart of his second mate, the heart of his Luna. And he also succeeded in breaking her fragile mind.

I was a second to an alpha who already loved, but now, I am the first to leave the shattered mate of hers.

I was not going to fall victim to anyone. Irene has come out of her shell and honestly, I've lost half of me in the process.

*********************

I know, I'm the worst person to be writing on Wattpad, and I admit that, I'm Not consistent and I tend to leave my readers incomplete, which I'll try my hardest to fix.

Anyway, to continue with this book, at first was contemplating on whether or not to finish writing, but alot of you have given me hope and have told me how much you loved the book, so I'm gonna continue and try to finish by mid June!

So, tell me, what did you think? Was Irene right in her Descision?

Don't forget to comment and vote for the story! ❎

-Rama