Chapter 31

Hey guys, I know we all love the inkitt updates, but please be sure to still support me on wattpad ❤️ also be sure to use the link provided in the comments down below!

Chapter 31:

"I -" he lifted his finger onto my lips.

"Don't say anything." he said with a nervous smile. "Let me prove myself to you." he said. "and I will prove myself to you." his voice held promise.

Letting out a slight yet unsure nod a smile overcame his face. He stood up ecstatic and held his hand out for me.

Taking his hand in hesitation he pulled me up and close to his body drawing me into a hug. My train of thought froze for a moment as he uttered "Thank you."

Letting me go he intertwined our fingers and walked us through the garden and back the way we came. Entering the pack house we watched as everyone was getting ready to eat.

Leading Zander to the breakfast table he took a seat next to me. Cole walked in his jaw ticking at the sight of Zander whilst taking a seat.

We began eating, Zander not letting my hand go throughout breakfast. Jokes were shared as the pack enjoyed their morning routine. Mom and Zander kept exchanging words.

Cole cleared his throat getting everyone's attention. "So Alpha Stone, I see you've tried to rekindle things with Irene?" he asked curiously.

Zander furrowed his eyebrows. "I think you see that very well" he said in a cold tone sending visible shivers down everyone's spines. The table went quiet as Zander and Cole stared at each other.

Giving his hand a squeeze he let out an annoyed sigh and turned away from Cole.

"There's no need to stop, you all may continue" Zander said feeling agitated with all the tension.

2 minutes into eating he stood up aggravated and walked from the breakfast table towards my bedroom up the stairs. I looked at my mom who have me a shrug, also not knowing what was up with him.

Standing up, I excused myself,but Cole cleared his throat. "Irene I think you should finish eating, don't you think?" he said reminding me of my pregnant state.

Not feeling hungry at all, I smiled "I don't have an appetite Cole, I'm feeling a bit nauseas." I said quietly, trying not to turn any focus on me.

"of course," Cole acknowledged, "Please take rest." be said in a strained voice.

Nodding hesitantly, I made my way towards Zander. Opening my bedroom door I watch as he lay on my bed, staring up into the ceiling.

"Mind telling me what was going on out there?" I questioned as he let out a sigh.

"He angers me, yet I know I have no right to be angry, after all it was my stupidity and disloyalty as a mate that,... that's put me in my own deep hole that I can't dig myself out of."

His tone held a sense of anger, yet frustration. Letting out a deep and heavy sigh he sat up petting the space next to him. I shook my head walking towards where he had ushered me and taking a seat, keeping a distance between us.

He did not seem to mind the space I had left and he never questioned me as to why I was sitting so far. I sat in my comfort as he sat in his.

Silence enveloped us, as we both allowed the ticking of the clock to echo throughout my bedroom.

A question seemed to float about his head as he began swuurnimbg slightly. He opened his mouth a few times, no words forming.

"What is you wish to ask?" I questioned him curiously, narrowing my eyes at him playfully.

"Irene, I wasn't is to go back to my pack. I want to set things straight. I want to fix everything ive messed up and more I want to introduce you as the true Luna you are." he said hopefully.

Go back? Was it not to soon?

"Zander, your pack hates me." I said to him defeatedly.

"The only reason the hate you is because they sensed my hate and anger towards you." He confirmed.

"Why did you hate me Zander? I mean we had only met and you already seemed to hate me." I reminded him waiting for his reply.

A short silence overtook us as he took in a sharp breath.

"You looked exactly like her Irene. Being betrayed, by a mate you care so much for is not easy. Heck you can relate, I was the worst mate and I hurt you. The hate you felt towards me is what I felt the moment I saw you." he said. "We only ever hate the things we could never fix or the people who hurt us. We only hate to protect ourselves." he said in an emotionless manner.

"I see," I said, not really understanding his statement. It wasn't fair on me. Sure, we resembled each other, but he knew I wasn't her. Was he that blinded by rage that his hatred that followed her to her grave resurfaced?

Excuses. He was making excuses.

Simply nodding he let out a breath.

"No matter what Irene, I will make things right. I will prove myself to you and show you the real me." he said.

The only thing I could do was protect my heart and watch. And even if he wanted to break my heart all over again I would be prepared. I will be prepared.

He did not deserve me. And if he wanted me, he was going to prove it to me.

********

CHAPTER 32 IS AVAILABLE ON INKITT!!!!

TO READ THE CHAPTER PLEASE BE SURE TO CLICK THE LINK IN MY BIO

What do you think she's going to say? Do you think Zander deserves a second chance?

Let me know in the comments down below🤭

Like the Book? Leave a review!

also its been a long time! i hope everyone well! since exams are over i finally have more time on my hands to be able to update chapter!!!! hope you guys are excited to see what is going to happen!

what do you think of Zanders proposal? is he worth it? do you think he is going to live up to it? let me know down below in the comments!

-Rama!