Chapter 29:

Chapter 29:

He was outside my door.

He's been there for almost 8 hours straight.

I've never felt so frustrated by anyone other than him and his scent wasn't making it any easier on me.

Stay strong you can't give in. My thoughts pressed on. But my heart yearned...

Letting out a sigh, I changed into my pajamas and fell onto my bed looking at the ceiling. Trying to sleep I kept tossing and turning. I huffed as I threw the covers off me and headed towards the door, flinging it open.

Zander looked up at me from the floor of the door frame where he decided to occupy for the past 8 hours.

"Say what you have to say. I won't promise I'll forgive you, but I'm ready to hear what you have to say." I said expressionless.

A short smile overtook his face as he stood up. To be honest this was the first time I've seen him smile so genuinely even for a split second.

"May I come in?" he questioned.

I stiffly nodded moving aside as he walked into my bedroom. I closed the door behind us and he sat in the chair near my bed as I took the bed.

He looked nervous as his eyes wandered everywhere but me.

"So what did you want to talk about?" I asked in a firm voice getting to the point.

He sighed as his eyes finally locked on mine, "I.. Don't know where to start..." he said almost in a whisper..

"From the begining. I want to know why." I stated firmly. Nothing in this moment could lessen the hurt I was feeling towards him.

Mistreated and abandoned by the one person made to love me. I locked eyes with him as he nodded stiffly. For a second he paused to think of where to start off, as a smile lit his face remembering.

Jealousy is what I felt looking at his genuine smile that overcame his face.

I, who was alive didn't get the same smile he was giving right now remembering his previous mate, who was no longer, here had gotten.

He inhaled a breath as he started, "We met at a pack gathering" his eyes lit up. "Her scent was absolutely enticing might I add, almost as good as yours. I was 21 at the time, new to being an alpha but also lucky to be an alpha that found my mate early enough. As the mate bond works she was mine in less that 4 hours and honestly I couldn't have been more happy."

He sat back in the chair and looked up at the ceiling as he let out a painful sigh.

"You know, ...the mate bond is a curse burdened upon us. We don't get to choose who we want to be with, who we want to spend our days with, who we want to be happy with. We don't get to choose who we want to love." he smiled bitterly.

For a moment my mind tried to comprehend what he was saying. Yes, we do not choose who we're mated to, but we can always learn to love them, learn to cherish them. My attention was brought back as Zander took in a sharp breath as if what he's feeling was more painful than anything and indeed it was.

"She fell in love with someone who was already mated to another, other than her own mate." he swallowed hard. "She chose someone who wouldn't love her as much as I did, who wouldn't put her on top of the world as I did, and you know what's painful?... She did it while she was mated to me." his words turned stone cold. "While she was my Luna." he growled.

I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding as he continued with his words,

"And I did what any Mate would do feeling threatened by anyone who wanted to take her away from me, I got rid of him. And she, ...she did the one thing she knew would destroy me and I'd regret more than ever." he suddenly went quiet. His eyes furrowed in a painful way as his eyes glistened. He scoffed as he looked at the ceiling once more.

My mind puzzled with the question to ask and as the questioned rolled off my tongue regret filled me as my heart clenched in pain for him.

"And what's that?"

He gave me an empty smile as his eyes darkened. In a stone cold voice he said...

"She took her life."

CHAPTER 30 IS AVAILABLE ON INKITT!

to read the chapter:

1. click the link provided in the comments

2. download inkitt (its ad free and its free to read on it)

3. follow me and add my books to your reading list!

YOU MUST USE THE LINK PROVIDED!!!

Even though inkitt has faster updates i need the wattpad votes! please support me on both platforms!

oooooh! whats going on here? what do you guys think? chapter 30 will be up on wattpad on the 2nd of October 2019!

Don't forget to comment and vote on the chapter! leave your thoughts down below!

-Rama