Chapter 14; Fates Game

Chapter 14:

The car ride was extremely silent. Cole kept sneaking glances at me since we've been driving. I know he has something to say but was keeping silent.

"Say it! Say 'I told you so Irene' , or 'I thaught you better'! Say what's in your mind." I said to him, looking out if the window.

"I have nothing to say to you. I'm just... " he quieted down.

" Just what, angry, hating, mad?!" I yelled at him.

"I'm just upset that you, the headstrong Irene we all know, just gave up." he said.

I scoffed and rolled my eyes. "if you can't accomplish something, give up, that's how life works isn't it?" I said to him.

He stares at my for a moment, before letting out a sigh. "that's not what the Irene I know would say she's not a quitter, she's not a person who gives up and especially she's not cold hearted." he said.

I looked at him, without a smile. "It's what he taught me, if life isn't fair, you shouldn't be fair either, there's no use working hard for anything, there's no use waiting. You're just wasting precious minutes which can be put to better things. I'm. Not cold hearted, he made me this way."

"No Irene, you chose to be this way."

We closed in to the house, as soon as the car stopped I grabbed my luggage and entered the house.

"Irene?" I heard Mon say, but I pushed my feet faster and walked up to my bedroom shutting the door behind me and  locking it.

I looked at myself in tomorrow, I don't know what I've become, I don't know what's wrong with me! I screamed as I pushed everything on my desert on to the floor shattering all the glass perfume bottles. Moment knocked in. Junior and I could hear the worry in her breathing.

"Irene, baby, what's wrong? Please, talk to me." I kept silent as I pulled at my hair sliding to the ground.

I was so angry at him. I was so angry at myself. Why was I an idiot, why did I give it my all when I knew all hope was lost?

I cried hard, I could feel myself get dizzy, I stood up and walked towards the door, as moment confirm to bang in the door calling for Cole. The room. Span as I felt nauseas. I felt sick to the stomach.

My vision became blurry as I felt my feet give out, making me fall onto the ground and me getting consumed unto darkness.

The last thing I heard was the door open and moment call my name out.

***************

I woke up to a blinding light. I squinted getting my vision better. My head pounced and still felt sick. I could hear talking on the other side of the curtain.

"She's okay Mrs summers, it's just a little morning sickness." I could hear doctor Collins voice.

"Morning sickness for what?" moment questioned saying my question loud.

"She might  pregnant Mrs. Summers. Well I hope she is, it's not clearly visible right now, but we'll know on 2 weeks, I need you to come to the hospital by next week so we could do a check up." she said.

The curtain opened as mom came into the room, I turned to her my heart pounding fast.

"Irene..."

"Mom,what am I going to do? What if I really am pregnant? What if something goes wrong? What if I'm forced to face challenges again. Why is fate playing with me this way?" I asked the tears began to flow.

Mom sighed and sat next to me embracing me into a tight hug. "Baby what ever happens, happened for a reason, I know you've been hurt, but you need to figure this out. I can only take you half way, the rest of the way you're going to have to decide on your own."

****************

Hey guys! Did you enjoy the chapter? What do you think if the shocking news?

Don't forget to comment and vote for the story! ❎

-Rama