Chapter 20; ... Not Fair

Chapter 20:

My eyes widened as I realized what was happening. I instantly began squirming out of his hold as held me in place. The mate Bond strengthened instantly.

I pushed him with all my force before my hands rose up to Slap him. He caught my hand, pinning me to the bed as he hovered over me.

"Zander, let go." I hissed as I tried getting out of his hold.

"Listen to me Irene-" he began but I cut him off.

"What's there to listen to? You've lost your chance to 'talk' so let go!" I tried kicking and squirming, but his hold only tightened.

"LISTEN!" he growled. "I'm saying I'm... Sorry." he said as his warm. Breath hit my neck as he put his face in the drool of my Neck.

He's sorry? Sorry was going to make everything better right? Sorry was going to glue my broken heart together again?

"I'm sorry Zander, but I can't forgive you, I won't, you don't deserve my forgiveness any more." I said as the waterworks began. And I wanted to slap myself and forgive him. But I wasn't a rag doll, or puppet of his.

Why the heck was I crying?! I was definitely not going to cry because of him.

His eyes held nothing but anger as he looked at me, but at the same time regret. "I'm not going to chase after you Irene. I was an asshole? yes. But being an asshole wasn't something I wanted to do. If only you knew the pain of loosing your mate Irene, only then you'd understand pain." he said as I stared at him, my blood boiling.

"The pain of loosing a mate huh? Tell me Zander, a mate rejecting you countless times and the death of a mate, are they not the same thing? Am I not being Punished because if you?" I said as a blank expression took over his face.

I waited for him to answer me, as no words formed at all, just silence surrounded us. I laid back down on the bed facing my back towards him. "Leave Zander. Just... Leave me alone. I only came back for the sole purpose of your life being spared and my child being born, nothing less. I expect nothing from you." I spat out bitterly. That's exactly what I'm here for, but my heart clenched at the thought.

"Very well then, but like I said I won't chase you, but I will find a way to restore a respected relationship between the both of us. Yes I've lost my chance at being your mate, and that's okay, but a chance at being your...acquaintance, I'll take it. I cannot love you Irene, but I can try to at least care." he said but I couldn't leave it at that.

"Who told you, you cannot love again? You? Or are you just afraid of being heart broken?" I asked bluntly, still facing away from him.

"I'm leaving." he said in a monotonous voice and walked out of the room.

My heart banged hardly against my chest, and rung loudly in my ears. He didn't care and Im stupid to still think he does. He's the cold hearted alpha Zander after all is he not?

A sigh left my trunking lips. I'm. Still so damn weak. Why do. I keep coming back to him like a desperate girl in Love? Has he not done enough damage to my heart?

Don't hope too much, don't love too much, don't trust too much, was what Cole told me.

Because that so much, is going to hurt so bad, is what I realized.

The only thing left for me to do is give him his beloved child, for what reason does he need me? The so called omega? A drug chuckle left my lips as I sobbed quietly.

You know what hurt the most? The fact that he's stubborn and his mind is set on what he thinks. Why not give new love a chance? Why not try and forget the past and look forward to the future? I can admit him coming and asking for a chance was beyond surprising, but my heart won't sit with it. It just won't.

Tears continued to soil my face, as my heart clenched. This was so painful. What have I done, to go through so much? To feel so much pain? I sniffles wiping away the river.

I was not going to cry because of him. I was not going to suffer because of him. I was not going to care because of him. And mostly, I was not going to try and love him. Because to love a broken alpha is beyond difficult, but close to impossible.

The Chantra: 'anything is possible, if I'm Irene' is just a way of fooling myself.

Life is not fair. Love is not fair. And definitely, Zander is not fair.

**********************

Okay! I updated! Yesss! 😘! I tried! Hope you enjoyed the chapter.

DO you think Zander will try harder?

DO you think Irene will forgive?

And what will the next chapter hold for them?

Don't forget to comment and vote for the story! ❎

-Rama.