Chapter 38: Behind The Shattered Alpha

Chapter 39 is available on inkitt! Please do use the link provided in the comments to access it! ☺️

Chapter 38

This couldn't be happening.

Sighing I let myself sit up. Zander was being unreasonable. But no matter what he says I'd refute it. There is no way I was going to give up on a little someone I have deeply fallen in love with. Fantasizing for when I'd be able to hold them in my hands. My precious bundle of joy.

I couldn't help but let the tears fall. Was I gonna be able to hold them? Was I going to be able to see their precious face? Lying back down I placed a hand on my now protruding belly. 2 months. 2 months of anticipation. 2 months of excitement. But mostly 2 months of fear. I was in the dark of what was going to happen from here on out, and it was scary.

Letting the heaviness seep, I closed my eyes as I drifted off back to sleep.

A knock echoed in my ears as my eyes shot open. It was dark out, how long was I asleep?

"Luna?" a small soft voice called out from being the door.

Muttering a silentcome in, 2 small feet padded into my bedroom, the little boy from earlier walked in with a smile on his face.

"Luna! Luna!" he said with excitement as he climbed on the bed.

"Get off Lucas, you're disturbing her. Pardon him Luna." the teenage boy from earlier as well, Hayden, spoke up. Lucas pouted climbing down and walking to stand next to Hayden.

"It's no problem, may I ask why you're here?" I questioned.

"The alpha asked us to come check on you and wake you up to eat." Hayden said.

"Why didn't he wake me up himself" I muttered under my breath, sighing. "I'll be down soon." I confirmed as he gave a slight nod, walking of with a waving Lucas.

Anger started to consume me.

He's always been like this.

A coward of an alpha.

Sighing, I pulled a cardigan over my head, and walked out of the room down the stairs towards the kitchen. The smell off food enticed my twitching nose, but something was off.

The house was quiet. Was everyone out? Walking into the kitchen the stood Zander behind the stove. So the alpha can cook?

"you're awake." he said not even glancing at me once. "How're you feeling?" he questioned.

"I think I'm fine." I said following his movements with curious eyes.

I sat on the chair behind the island counter and not soon after Zander placed a plate of pasta along with a soup on the side.

"the doctor said you need to eat and rest well so we don't face anything during labor." he said making my eyes snap up at him.

"You don't need to go that far..." I muttered still not over my anger.

"Yes, yes I do. I can't risk losing you and I can't risk losing what we've created together. If we're gonna go into this, we're gonna go into it right." he said with no place to argue.

Sighing, I picked up the fork stabbing my pasta, I wonder if forks could kill?

I could feel him burning a hole into my face. I looked up to see his face of anticipation. "what is it? "I questioned.

"Is it okay? Like, are you enjoying it?" Jr asked sheepishly.

Well... That was new. The alpha looking for compliments and criticism.

"I've tasted better." I said trying to deflate his enthusiasm.

A small pout formed on his face. "What isn't good about it? I promise I'll get better." he said looking at me intensely waiting for my answer.

What was I supposed to say? Your presence? 

"I can't tell because I'm still sleepy perhaps." I said my annoyance ringing through.

He said nothing as he started taking care of the dishes. An alpha who cooks and cleans, something you learn everyday.

"I'm trying to make this work, but I can't show you who I truly am begging the broken alpha, if you don't let me." he said.

And whose fault was that?...

****

Oooooooof what's to happen?

Everyone do keep safe with the virus out there! I'll see you soon! 💜💙